• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Lots of Prayers Please . . .

Sorry for a long read.

My stepson Delbert is 54 years old.
He has been a Type 1 diabetic since he was 6 years old.
In his early 20s his kidneys started to fail and had a double transplant, pancreas and kidney at Emory.
At that time pancreas transplant was experimental and he was the sixth one done at Emory. They put him at the top of the list because he volunteered for it and was otherwise strong. Because he was at the top of the list he never went on dialysis. After new pancreas he never had to take insulin injections again.
I spent 7 weeks with him at Emory.
About 10 years ago that kidney failed and he had to go on dialysis this time for months before getting another transplant.

He has had to be on steroids most of his life to prevent rejection of the organs. Steroids will ruin your bones.
He had to undergo a hip replacement surgery this past March. Rough time of it and is just now started to do better. Still going to physical therapy.

Now the bad news.
Two weeks ago he went to dermatologist to have a bump on his upper arm checked.
He has had multiple skin cancers removed in the past. He has worked outside most of his life with a compromised immune system.
Turns out this tested positive for an aggresive form of squamous cell cancer. They were afraid to cut it out there because it is located near a lymph node and because of the transplant they sent him to Emory.
Yesterday at Emory they did a biopsy of the closest lymph node and found cancer so it has already spread to there.
Doctors at Emory are meeting today to decide a course of treatment and will let us know.
There are certain kinds of treatment they cannot do because of the transplants.

I'm Praying for your Son and Family.

Sorry for a long read.

In his early 20s his kidneys started to fail and had a double transplant, pancreas and kidney at Emory.
At that time pancreas transplant was experimental and he was the sixth one done at Emory. They put him at the top of the list because he volunteered for it and was otherwise strong. Because he was at the top of the list he never went on dialysis. After new pancreas he never had to take insulin injections again.
About 10 years ago that kidney failed and he had to go on dialysis this time for months before getting another transplant.

He has had to be on steroids most of his life to prevent rejection of the organs. Steroids will ruin your bones.
He had to undergo a hip replacement surgery this past March. Rough time of it and is just now started to do better. Still going to physical therapy.

Now the bad news.
He has had multiple skin cancers removed in the past. He has worked outside most of his life with a compromised immune system.
Turns out this tested positive for an aggresive form of squamous cell cancer. They were afraid to cut it out there because it is located near a lymph node and because of the transplant they sent him to Emory.
Yesterday at Emory they did a biopsy of the closest lymph node and found cancer so it has already spread to there.
Doctors at Emory are meeting today to decide a course of treatment and will let us know.
Best of luck friend.

Strong young (compared to me) young man - prayers for him and your family.

Amazing testimony of our Lord’s Kingship, regardless.

Keep us posted please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for a long read.

Now the bad news.
That is such bad news! But please be assured that God is still in the healing business. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. I know, it looks grim to you and maybe the doctors aren't offering a lot of hope. But God can and will heal if you only believe and not doubt. Prayers sent! God Bless

Back
Top Bottom