• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

East GA  Need members for new Club in Oglethorpe Co.

ruski

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
looking for 2 members for a start up club, I have a lead on a Lease in Oglethorpe Co. Currently, I have 3 guys commited with the addition of 2 more members dues will be $700.00, Plus Foodplot seed. There is 340ac. Property has Deer, Hog, and Small game, as well as some Turkey and Duck. Did see some dove and quail when I walked the property last weekend.

Here is the run down on the property:

The property is located on Hwy 22 south off Hwy 78 out past Athens. After viewing the land, Josh and I feel it has great potential. It will take some work, in that I mean, bush hogging shooting lanes in the old growth pines (none have be established), planting additional plots, and establishing feeding station. All this would be in attempt to draw and hold deer. There are plenty of bedding sites.

The property can be broken up in to thirds: 1/3 old growth Pines (planted in '82), 1/3 Hardwood draws/bottoms and swamp, and 1/3 young planted pines ('06). There are about 10-11 skitter loading sites; 4-5 of these sites were planted as food plots last year. We plan on having 2 mandatory work weekends before deer season and another before turkey. We will establish weekends that work for all. If you are absent from a work day, $100 fine will be applied per day, excluding extreme circumstances. We want everyone to have the goal of improving the land and overall success for the club.

We are all going to Charter members of club, so we can all have a say in the management Plan for the club. We also have the opportunity to add acreage to the club. There are additional adjacent leases through the same company that can be available in the future. After talking with the current lessee I have areal maps and pic for deer harvested:

Rules for club:
· 5 member max, No guest, no kids, no spouses, $50 Guest fee after Thanksgiving. We would like guest to be potential members.
· $100 fine for harvesting a deer outside the established management plan. (all fines are invested back into the Club)
· No ATV’s during Deer season, except to and fromstand, and deer retrieval. Basically, No joy riding while hunters are inthe stand.
· Pin in/Pin out system
· 2 bucks. One must have 4pt on one side (we want to strive for harvesting 3.5yr old deer) minimum 6pts. Second, must be 8ptor greater
· 3 does per yr, no does until Dec. 1st
· Additional doe tags will be awarded forharvesting: a hog, coyote, or bobcat; during deer season
· 2 Gobblers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom