• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need more first suppressor advice

Porter Rockwell

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
93   0
Reaction score
so I think I am going with a silencerco for my first 9mm can. Adding this to a 9mm SBR and want to keep the length as short as possible. Thinking about an Omega 9, it's. A good bit shorter but the shorter length adds 5-10 decibels in sound. Is it that noticeable? Should I just get the longer length and deal with it?

You will notice a difference with 10dB in difference but id honestly be more worried about the other aspects of the can ie backpressure and weight differences

Honestly i do not, but if its primarily gonna run on a carbine the blowback would be high on the list of whats most important ...so far ive found there isnt a one can does it all you sacrifice one of 3 things weight, blowback, or sound level.

Any reccomendations for a 9mm suppressor on a short barreled 9mm carbine that I will also put on some pistols?

I love my old school Mystic and my newer style Mystic-x.

On my Colt SBR and Beretta 92

Attachments

• P1080629.JPG
    P1080629.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 14
  • P1090032.JPG
    P1090032.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 13
Any reccomendations for a 9mm suppressor on a short barreled 9mm carbine that I will also put on some pistols?

Where the Omega 9K really shines is the length. Its good for subguns and pistols but personally I prefer more suppression. I run my TiRant 9 on my MP5K and its great. The TiRant is a very light and quiet can but its 3" longer than the Omega 9K

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_SNSPerformance_Guns_20160608_151259_zpsvcjmotfc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom