• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Movie and TV show recommendations

If he's not too early teens an can follow the dialogue I'd watch Justified. Modern western, men being men, standing up for themselves, doing the right thing and the bad guys always lose, and look stupid doing so.

Have you seen/been watching the new 24 series on fox? Awesome! No longer a jack bauer character but another character (eric carter) that is the new "hero of the show". Mondays at 8 oclock. :thumb:

Justified for sure. All seasons were available on Amazon Prime video for streaming several months ago, but don't know if that is still the case. Raylen Givens character reminded me of the Dirty Harry character in some ways, but he's more of a modern cop that has old west gunfighting roots. He's not afraid of finding out who is the quickest draw in a gunfight for "arrestees" that want to go that route. The very first scene in the pilot episode is typical of his mindset and has many occurrences throughout the series (up through the last episode of season 6). There was a couple of seasons that dragged a bit, but overall, an excellent series with interesting characters.

Breaking Bad as well. Funny thing is I never watched it when it was running on AMC. My Dad and Bro in law kept telling me I would love it, and after buying the entire DVD set, they were right. Very intense and good characters.

Right now I have been keeping up with a current FX series called Legion. It's a sci-fi about a dude that is pretty messed up in the head, but has psychic powers that a group is helping him understand. It's really weird and complex, and I don't understand a lot of what's going on - lol. But again, the characters and story have been interesting so far.

Also have been keeping up with SIX on History channel. First few episodes had too much focus on family relationships that was boring me to tears, but in recent episodes they have been focusing more on military operations, so it's gotten better IMO. The main character who the team is trying to locate and rescue happens to be the same actor that was Raylen Givens primary antagonist in "Justified".

Back
Top Bottom