• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need My ODT Brothers Expert Opinions

TommyT

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
484   0
Reaction score
If shopping for a '90's model Anaconda and I find one with a 4" barrel, drilled and tapped, do you guys think that adds to the value or takes away. I collect Colts but just starting to check on Anacondas for sale. I have never purchased ANY gun that is "Drilled and Tapped" for a scope so not sure if that would turn buyers off or if they would be more excited. I guess it would depend on if they would ever want to add a scope! Any "serious" opinions to help me make a decision?

Attachments

• Anaconda.jpg
    Anaconda.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 34
Not factory= kills collector value
If I were "collecting" I would take a hard pass. I, however, am a shooter/user so I would try to negotiate that as low as possible and shoot the crap out of it.
Thank you. These darn things are too expensive these days to do a bad investment so hoping for comments. I appreciate it.

Kills collector value, but not everything needs to be a collectors piece. Sometimes it's nice to have something, well, nice, and actually shoot it. If it is priced as a shooter and you like it, I say go for it. If it is priced as a collector, hard pass.
It's not listed either way. I am the collector so would want to know their is "collector value" when purchasing any of my guns. I am also extremely picky on what I buy. That's why all I advertise or show on here are immaculate. This is my savings account. No pension or retirement with my company and I may not be alive long so need to be sure the money spent can be recovered at some point if needed while I am still on this earth!

Back
Top Bottom