• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need opinion about AR-15

So I hear what you are saying but... is there any actual proof of this? I haven't heard this at all from anyone in person.

Hang on, you start a thread asking for opinions and when they give you their opinions you ask them for proof??? WTF!! Do what you want but these guys have been around the block more than once. Do your own research if you don’t believe them and their experience’s or buy it and find out the hard way. Wow the nerve of some people.
Rant over….carry on.

Knowledge comes from learning due to your own mistakes......
Wisdom is learning from other's mistakes.
Listen to the guys that know more than most of us and make an informed decision.

If you're looking for a rifle that is STRICTLY a range toy, feel free to go cheap. But if there's the slightest chance that you will ever have to depend on it to defend your family, or yourself....save a little bit more money and get something better than from the bottom of the barrel.

I personally have no experience with BCA, but have two friends who have uppers in 7.62x39, and love them. Their builds have run 100% for them, and are decently accurate. As others have stated, there's a lot of bad press about BCA. But, $200 for an upper is pretty darned cheap.

Me, personally, I don't like 7.5", and I don't like side chargers. But if you just want a loud, obnoxious range toy, and don't mind having to potentially fix some problems, then I say go for it.

If you want something that you can bet your life on right out of the box, then I would probably re-evaluate.

Here’s a good one…I love all the butt hurt “jus as gud” comments. He only fired a 100 rounds through it and it’s already beat to hell. The like to dislike ratio is from the guys who are banding together for confirmation bias.

Just a friendly reminder...
It's kind of off-putting to come in and ask folks about their opinion on something, and then demanding proof when it isn't what you want to hear. People have been giving you excellent advice from what I've seen. You are free to ignore them, but then e whole looking for advice thing seems like a paradox.

Just my recommendation here, but be open to what people are saying. Try your best not to come across as defensive. Many times, since we're all just typing instead of in person, it's really difficult to get what the person is really saying.

I've had a couple students buy BCA rifles. I've seen some run smoothly and some have various issues. It seems BCA has quality control issues. After looking at several reviews, I believe BCA is a gamble. You may not have issues or you may. It's up to you though.

Go on Youtube, search "bear creek arsenal review" to see a few good and bad. Here are a few written reviews:

stay 10.3 or higher on 556.

PSA is good if you want affordable lowers. The premium uppers are affordable, or find a used upper. PSA is the brand you want if you want a budget or mix and match if you want higher quality upper. But the FN barrels are fine or the SS IMHO.

A lot of people hate PSA and any company can have some bad ones, but overall I think its a great affordable option, and never heard anybody really complain on the higher end uppers. You can also find a used BCM upper if you want a better name brand. But both offer CHF or SS options.

Ditto this response. All of it.

Just a friendly reminder...
It's kind of off-putting to come in and ask folks about their opinion on something, and then demanding proof when it isn't what you want to hear. People have been giving you excellent advice from what I've seen. You are free to ignore them, but then e whole looking for advice thing seems like a paradox.

Just my recommendation here, but be open to what people are saying. Try your best not to come across as defensive. Many times, since we're all just typing instead of in person, it's really difficult to get what the person is really saying.

I think people sometimes ALREADY make the purchase, then want to know what others think...?? Doh!

Back
Top Bottom