• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need opinions of my ODT family on what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a similar incident where I bought used firearm and never got around to even trying it and sold it to someone else who had issues a couple days after purchase when he took it to the range.. I did the same thing you suggeded, offered to pay half of the repair cost. Fortunately the cost of the repair was under $100. Had it been more, I probably would have bought the gun back. In my case, the buyer had good standing here and I don’t believe he misused it.

Congrats for you trying to do the right thing. He needs to also meet you half way. Colts are finicky and people do weird things. I would start with a meet and you inspect the weapon yourself to start with

A loose screw can cause the issue described.
He should have it inspected by a competent gunsmith, then go from there.
If this isn’t good enough for him, screw it. As is sell.

You made a great offer. It’s not a “paperweight”, it’s a gun that needs service you offered to help the buyer obtain. I sympathize with the buyers disappointment but he is being dramatic.

That being said. If you are offering trade-ins I would like to shoot my way through your entire collection.

You made a great offer. It’s not a “paperweight”, it’s a gun that needs service you offered to help the buyer obtain. I sympathize with the buyers disappointment but he is being dramatic.

That being said. If you are offering trade-ins I would like to shoot my way through your entire collection.
6q27oo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom