• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need opinions of my ODT family on what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you went above and beyond and your reputation here speaks for itself.

I do have a personal story to add that's kinda funny. I bought a brand new Charter Arms .357 Pug, the first cylinder shot fine, and every cylinder after that locked up, just like the Colt you're dealing with. I sold it to a member who is in this thread with full disclosure. He told me he never had an issue with it, ever. So possibly it was the Blazer .38spl ammo I was running? Anyway, he had traded me a stainless Marlin Model 60 in the deal. I put several hundred rounds through it without a single hiccup. Later I traded that Marlin to someone else, who then posted it up for like $50 bc he said something was wrong with it and it wouldn't cycle. So sometimes the chain of events that make you shake your head are just gonna happen, all you can do is roll with it the best you can, it happens to the best of us.
I'm still deaf from that ported pug :lol:
I don't remember who I traded it too but never heard back from them, so I imagined it worked fine for them as well.

TommyT TommyT I hope you can get some sleep on this thing because you are not at fault, sir.
bedtime-funny.gif

I can speak to the where's and whyfor's about what to do with your buyer but I had this same problem on a S&W 686 Revolver. What was wrong was the spindle on the ejector rod (the part with the knurled knob) would become loose after several shots and back out, pushing the cylinder rearward until finally it pushed up against the back frame so tightly the cylinder would not turn nor the action cycle. What fixed it was the tiniest bit of Loctite and some rod tightening using non marring pliers, BUT there is only a small area of threads on the internals of that rod where it screws into the rest of the cylinder and ejector star you can put it and you have to take a lot of care to not get the Loctite anywhere else. Less is better. That fixed the problem and I've shot 100s of rounds after that and never had that problem again.
I had the same problem with Taurus in 454 Casull. Full power 300 grain loads caused it. A bit of blue locktight fixed it.

What you've proposed is more than fair.

He turned it down and tried to give you crap about it. Now you withdraw the offer, block the dude, and accept that he'll probably neg you. Maybe you can appeal the neg. DEFINITELY drop a neg on him if he drops one on you.

Put this dude and the deal in the rearview. You've done your part.

What you've proposed is more than fair.

He turned it down and tried to give you crap about it. Now you withdraw the offer, block the dude, and accept that he'll probably neg you. Maybe you can appeal the neg. DEFINITELY drop a neg on him if he drops one on you.

Put this dude and the deal in the rearview. You've done your part.
neg will not stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom