• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need opinions on red dot selection

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I've pretty much narrowed it down to two options for just a run of the mill house gun and to play with it the range. One is the SLX from Primary Arms it has the acss Close Quarters reticle or the Vortex strikefire 2. I think I might have astigmatism and I need an etched reticle just to be sure so which one of the two do you guys think is the best for the money. They both are just around the 200 mark with the primary arms just over 200. But there's so many different ones of the SLX but the one with the etched Close Quarters radical is the one I like the best I think it's 249 at primary arms and 210 on Amazon. I think the vortex strikefire 2 has an extra radical it or it might have been a different Vortex but I do need an etched reticle. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I know some of you guys out there have dabbled in the market more than I have so anything you might have to add would be great. Thank you.

If you have astigmatism, you want a prism optic versus the red dots. I have the SLX 1x Gen 2 from PA and really like it. It has the etched reticle and the illumination is plenty bright during the day.

I also have a Vortex Crossfire RDS and an old Aimpoint CompML XD, and I prefer the SLX over either of the other two. The glass is very clear and because it has an etched reticle, I don’t get that star burst effect that I do with a red dot.

If you have astigmatism, you want a prism optic versus the red dots. I have the SLX 1x Gen 2 from PA and really like it. It has the etched reticle and the illumination is plenty bright during the day.

I also have a Vortex Crossfire RDS and an old Aimpoint CompML XD, and I prefer the SLX over either of the other two. The glass is very clear and because it has an etched reticle, I don’t get that star burst effect that I do with a red dot.
That star burst is what I am trying to get away from. I like the ACSS Close Quarters reticle. I was gravitating towards that one.

This is the one I am looking at.

This is the one I am looking at.
Pretty cool optic.

I digg the Primary Arms stuff.

Back
Top Bottom