• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need photographer's advice

CostaRicaBound

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
I'm taking my wife to Italy for her 50th birthday in a couple of months. I plan on taking a lot of pics, but I really suck at photography. I can barely even take pics with my phone with the subject being blurry or something in the background looking like it's sticking out of their head. What I'm needing is someone familiar with photography to tell me which camera to buy, something in the $100-150 range, that is easy to use and generally takes good pics. Any advice?

Just saw this thread...if you haven't bought one yet check out the Fuji FinePix S Series. I've had two or three over the years for work and they are really good. They are built more like a SLR but still small and light enough to carry all day. Plenty of used ones on FeeBay for under $100.

As long as its good and bright out any newer smartphones should have IS/OS and be able to take decent pics. Often times that is easier than learning an newcamera/buttons . You want to enjoy your trip and not reading the manual walking around with a new camera. Now if your a techy, and thats not an issue. Get something with a decent optical zoom.

If you have an I-5 or newer that should surface. There is even an attachment that will allow you to zoom.

First decide what is the subject of your picture.
If you want a picture of you wife, with the file tower in the background, be sure to focus on your wives face, not the tower.

Put that in the center of the frame.

Then balance the picture with the background.

When you press the button to take the picture, it'll take about a half second before the shutter activates.
Don't take off running, be very still and your photo will be clear.
Now go out and take some pictures and post them and we will critique you on your first lesson in photography.

Back
Top Bottom