• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need plumber for simple fix. Faucet.

Madrox

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Fancy Man of Cornwood
475   1
Reaction score
I am looking for a good plumber for a very simple (to them, not me) job.
I replaced a vanity and was hooking up the new faucet. The shut off valves have the supply lines built into them it seems. They are now leaking at the shut off valve.

I need the shut off valves replaced, the faucet hooked up, and the drain/p trap hooked up.

I also would like 2 more bathroom vanity faucets installed, and possibly the shut offs due to the way the supply lines seem to be built in.

Located in Oxford, maybe 2 miles from the Ga Intl Horsepark.

6132C217-0411-4068-A5FF-36738F9BA82A.jpeg
EAEF7FAA-1ACC-49AC-BFF3-93C036B0C358.jpeg
57491DDC-2DAE-4D30-A70A-5819E1CF896D.jpeg

Those shut-offs are called Accor valves. They suck and are used by contractors because they’re cheap. Turn them counterclockwise while pulling toward you and they will come off. You can snip off the supply hose to make it easier to turn them. Then put a proper valve on there with good supply hoses. As for the p-traps, try to find a non-moron at HD/Lowes and ask them to put one together for you so all you have to do is attach it and turn a couple of nuts. Plumbers are not cheap, no matter how “easy” the job is.

Those shut-offs are called Accor valves. They suck and are used by contractors because they’re cheap. Turn then counterclockwise while pulling toward you and they will come off. You can snip off the supply hose to make it easier to turn them. Then put a proper valve on there with good supply hoses. As for the p-traps, try to find a non-moron at HD/Lowes and ask them to put one together for you so all you have to do is attach it and turn a couple of nuts. Plumbers are not cheap, no matter how “easy” the job is.
I bought bathroom sized p trap stuff, which is 1 1/4” if I’m not mistaken, but the existing seems to be 1 1/2”.
I’m just ****ing frustrated at this point. I hate plumbing.

Those shut-offs are called Accor valves. They suck and are used by contractors because they’re cheap. Turn them counterclockwise while pulling toward you and they will come off. You can snip off the supply hose to make it easier to turn them. Then put a proper valve on there with good supply hoses. As for the p-traps, try to find a non-moron at HD/Lowes and ask them to put one together for you so all you have to do is attach it and turn a couple of nuts. Plumbers are not cheap, no matter how “easy” the job is.
AFTER turning off the water supply line!

I bought bathroom sized p trap stuff, which is 1 1/4” if I’m not mistaken, but the existing seems to be 1 1/2”.
I’m just ****ing frustrated at this point. I hate plumbing.

Yeah I hear you. Been there done that. Not sure on the pipe size, but never underestimate the shoddy work done by some of these guys.

Back
Top Bottom