• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need post transaction advisory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I have not had an opportunity to respond to this, and since he has not fully explained our transaction in detail, I think this is a good opportunity to share my thoughts at this time.

In the communication leading up to our meeting and completing our transaction, the seller listed the gun in question (Glock 19 build) as $1100. He then immediately came back and said that he made a mistake in the listing and the gun was actually $1200 not $1100. When we met, I again stated to him that the Glock 19 was my first choice but I did not want to spend $1200 for it, and since he was adamant that he would not come off the $1200 price tag, I went with my second choice and obtained the ZEV build for $1000. Throughout the entire process, the seller was adamant that he would not sell the Glock 19 build for anything less than $1200 and even corrected a communication he sent me when he quoted an incorrect price.

I do understand that there is no buyers remorse with this sight but they do expect for us to conduct our business in a fair and honest way. Is it up to us to police our own transactions and to make sure that we are handling our business in way that will not lead us down a dark path. It was a reasonable request for me to send him a communication two days after our meeting to ask him if he would be willing to switch out the guns so I can obtain the one I wanted as my first choice (after I saw the listing that he reduced the price down to $1000 – something that he was adamant he was not going to do 2 days earlier) . In his response to my request, he listed a number of erratic claims, including saying that he is not in a financial position to honor my request (meaning that he already had my money in hand and he was looking to sell more firearms so he could buy a more expensive build) and then he had the nerve to offer me the same Glock build for $900, on top of the one I already bought from him (meaning he wanted me to give him an additional $900 - $1900 total).

The honorable thing for him to do is for him to switch out the gun that I bought with the one that was my first choice from the beginning. He was deceptive in his communication with me and he should make things right. Yes I know that he does not have to do this, but in the spirit of how we must conduct transaction within the ODT, it is the honorable thing to do!

Since I have not had an opportunity to respond to this, and since he has not fully explained our transaction in detail, I think this is a good opportunity to share my thoughts at this time.

In the communication leading up to our meeting and completing our transaction, the seller listed the gun in question (Glock 19 build) as $1100. He then immediately came back and said that he made a mistake in the listing and the gun was actually $1200 not $1100. When we met, I again stated to him that the Glock 19 was my first choice but I did not want to spend $1200 for it, and since he was adamant that he would not come off the $1200 price tag, I went with my second choice and obtained the ZEV build for $1000. Throughout the entire process, the seller was adamant that he would not sell the Glock 19 build for anything less than $1200 and even corrected a communication he sent me when he quoted an incorrect price.

I do understand that there is no buyers remorse with this sight but they do expect for us to conduct our business in a fair and honest way. Is it up to us to police our own transactions and to make sure that we are handling our business in way that will not lead us down a dark path. It was a reasonable request for me to send him a communication two days after our meeting to ask him if he would be willing to switch out the guns so I can obtain the one I wanted as my first choice (after I saw the listing that he reduced the price down to $1000 – something that he was adamant he was not going to do 2 days earlier) . In his response to my request, he listed a number of erratic claims, including saying that he is not in a financial position to honor my request (meaning that he already had my money in hand and he was looking to sell more firearms so he could buy a more expensive build) and then he had the nerve to offer me the same Glock build for $900, on top of the one I already bought from him (meaning he wanted me to give him an additional $900 - $1900 total).

The honorable thing for him to do is for him to switch out the gun that I bought with the one that was my first choice from the beginning. He was deceptive in his communication with me and he should make things right. Yes I know that he does not have to do this, but in the spirit of how we must conduct transaction within the ODT, it is the honorable thing to do!
You're wrong Sir , No matter the reasoning. You bought the gun, left positive feed back, and deal over. What you want is a new deal. What you are doing is not honorable and you should stop before you make a bigger *** of your self.

So you’re demanding someone else hand over their property because you are upset? Seems legit.

I think this is ludicrous...
So the buyer should set the price for each item?
I guess the idea of ownership of personal property is foreign to you.
He is free to set a price on his own property. You can trade or decline.

I’ve sold many items in my life, most at full asking price. After sales slow, then I will lower my cost and take less. I would not consider going back and refunding the difference in price.
To expect such a thing, shows a serious misunderstanding of basic business principles.

You're wrong Sir , No matter the reasoning. You bought the gun, left positive feed back, and deal over. What you want is a new deal. What you are doing is not honorable and you should stop before you make a bigger *** of your self.
Love it... Well said Brother!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom