• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need recommendations on long range precision rifles

IMG_2603.JPG
I vote Tikka. This is a 4 shot group at 100 yards. Gun Is bone stock with a Zeiss Conquest scope

Accurate Ordnance in Winder is who you want for a build. For the money there are a lot of good options. CZ-750 will get you there. Both of my CZ rifles a 550 varmint and a 750 were sub moa out of the box. Howa makes some nice rifles, so do Tikka and Sako. Don't limit yourself to a 700 that out of the box needs a trigger and truing and a barrel to shoot sub moa. Also decide how far long range is and what caliber you want ? Do you reload ? There are some great calibers that do not have factory ammo available.

just get a 700,they will out shoot most shooters,out of the box. i had an cheap adl in 308 that would do 2" groups at 300 yards with zq1 factory ammo.

get a rem 700 action for like $400 and mail it to douglas barrels, they will install a match grade SS barrel for $570, buy a stock. Accurate Ordnance in winder will take your action and blueprint it as well. then have them install a barrel. If you are serious about LR, buy once, cry once.

There is a guy in Virginia or West Virginia that hand crafts bolt guns and they are in the 2-3000 range but you have to wait almost a year to get it. There is a member on here nambed Clark that had one built and picked it up last year. I will call him and ask him who built it. He guarauntees it will shoot throught the same whole every time if you have the tallent. I will talk to him and see how his rifle is performing and I will see if I can get his info. If it is performing as promissed and I can get his info I will PM it to you. If Clark is ok with it I will give you Clarks number and you can speak to him about the build itself before you call the builder.

Back
Top Bottom