• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need recommendations on long range precision rifles

Save up a lil more cash and buy a GAP Crusader, you won't be disappointed.
I was looking on their rifles online today, they are recommended by Chris Kyle when we left the military. Tempted in getting a tikka t3x TAC A1 rifle, lil bit below $2000, so far heard a lot of good things about them. The sako TRG 22 is also another one, listed on adventure outdoors web site and they are reportedly extremely good quality out of the box rifles, used by a few militaries and police departments around the world. The extra $ saved, I will get good optics that's field proven. That GAP rifle costs over $1000 more than the sako TRG 22
Waiting until the end of the year anyway.

Accurate Ordnance in Winder is who you want for a build. For the money there are a lot of good options. CZ-750 will get you there. Both of my CZ rifles a 550 varmint and a 750 were sub moa out of the box. Howa makes some nice rifles, so do Tikka and Sako. Don't limit yourself to a 700 that out of the box needs a trigger and truing and a barrel to shoot sub moa. Also decide how far long range is and what caliber you want ? Do you reload ? There are some great calibers that do not have factory ammo available.
I think 1000yards is the most I see myself shooting at. 7.62x51 is everywhere so that's my main choice. I will check out accurate ordinance, thanks for the recommendation.

View attachment 1244332 I vote Tikka. This is a 4 shot group at 100 yards. Gun Is bone stock with a Zeiss Conquest scope
Yea, tikka is on my list, looks like a lot of value for money. I am doing some research on their t3x TAC A1 model, it's said to have been made to complete with the ruger precision rifle. From what I heard, tikka is rated sub 1MOA too.

Yea, tikka is on my list, looks like a lot of value for money. I am doing some research on their t3x TAC A1 model, it's said to have been made to complete with the ruger precision rifle. From what I heard, tikka is rated sub 1MOA too.

That model is on my list as well. Good luck in your quest!

I'm looking to start shooting longer distances myself. Planning to pick up a 700 Magpul in 6.5 once they make it to dealers and top it with a Vortex Razor 4.5-27.

@REDX builds a fine rifle. Loving mine he built for me.
IMG_20170708_082527.jpg

Others in the area are APA and @Accurate Ordnance LLC . Companies are starting to build sub 3k guns now with a printed 700 action instead of having to shell out the cash for Stiller or Deviant action.

Back
Top Bottom