• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need recommendations on long range precision rifles

JP Enterprises is currently selling their MR-10 .308 bolt action for $1000 off retail. That's knocks it down to $2990. Excellent rifle with a lot of great features:

-JP Supermatch barrel
-Side-folding chassis with Magpul PRS
-3 lug bolt with short throw
-20MOA Picatinny rail
-Magazine fed (AICS pattern)
-.5MOA or better guarantee

http://jprifles.com/1.2.6_MOR10.php

JP Enterprises is currently selling their MR-10 .308 bolt action for $1000. That's knocks it down to $2990. Excellent rifle with a lot of great features:

-JP Supermatch barrel
-Side-folding chassis with Magpul PRS
-3 lug bolt with short throw
-20MOA Picatinny rail
-Magazine fed (AICS pattern)
-.5MOA or better guarantee

http://jprifles.com/1.2.6_MOR10.php
Thanks, will check it out.

No range toy... I want something that is on the same quality that is used by LE and military around the world. It needs to be rugged and reliable and have at least 1MOA accuracy. If it's super accurate but not rugged and reliable, I can't have confidence in it.

No range toy... I want something that is on the same quality that is used by LE and military around the world. It needs to be rugged and reliable and have at least 1MOA accuracy. If it's super accurate but not rugged and reliable, I can't have confidence in it.

What application though?

Most customs and Rem 700 upgraded rifles will be better than LE and Military rifles. Ours are guaranteed for sub .6 moa for spec builds. But Like ReservoirDawg10 ReservoirDawg10 said, the main use of the rifle will help determine the specs that would best suit you and not the rest of the internet.

What application though?
I read there are long range matches where "tactical" looking rifles compet in... Something to that effect. I actually had a Remington 5R rifle on layaway 3 years ago but got an "evil black rifle" instead bec of the political poop. This week I will be looking at a lightly used FN SPR. If all goes well, I could put together something for $1500 and start shooting. Thinking about pairing it with a SWFA SS 10x scope or a used leupold mark 4. The money saved I will put away for a 338 lapua or 50BMG barret m99 single shot rifle.

You want something that can shoot strings without loosing accuracy due to barrel temp, so that knocks some of the factory rifles you'll hear about. 3 shot groups don't really mean much in PRS. Also, look at 6.5 and 6mm variants. You'll need to spot your misses. Most stages run around around 10 rds or so and you'll shoot in XS of 1000 yds. Can you do it with a 308? Sure. But you won't see many of them out there. They have their own class to shoot in, but if you are shooting in one day matches, more than likely you will be grouped in with the open shooters shooting rounds that are ballistically superior to 308, with less recoil, and greatly handcuffing yourself.

REDX REDX would be great to talk to about these. He builds rifles for this and competes.

Back
Top Bottom