• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need recommendations on long range precision rifles

It's gonna be some time bef I can afford that level of rifle, but at lest I can get started. How much 338 lapua rifles are seen?

Said it once and I will say it again. Hand built custom in 300 win mag. A bolt action, heavy barrel with flutes or lightened in some way, hand worked action, and a custom chassis. Then for glass I would go with either Night Force or Schmidt and Bender. However I have heard the S&M scopes don't have positive clicks on their turret adjustment.

Please don't settle and make a hasty decision that will you will regret down the road. Be patient and wait on a hand build if you have too. Their are plenty of hand builders out there that can deliver what you want in your budget.

Said it once and I will say it again. Hand built custom in 300 win mag. A bolt action, heavy barrel with flutes or lightened in some way, hand worked action, and a custom chassis. Then for glass I would go with either Night Force or Schmidt and Bender. However I have heard the S&M scopes don't have positive clicks on their turret adjustment.
300 win mag really isn't used in PRS these days.

.300WinMag isn't seen at PRS, definitely not in the winner's circle. Unless you're going to play regularly past 1,000yds, it's a waste. I'm a huge fan of .300WinMag, like the .308 it is highly underrated nowadays.

I don't like flutes, either. Cutting flutes into a barrrel will lighten it, but it will also make the barrel less stiff.

.300WinMag isn't seen at PRS, definitely not in the winner's circle. Unless you're going to play regularly past 1,000yds, it's a waste. I'm a huge fan of .300WinMag, like the .308 it is highly underrated nowadays.

I don't like flutes, either. Cutting flutes into a barrrel will lighten it, but it will also make the barrel less stiff.
But they are "pretty."

Back
Top Bottom