• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need safe moved 3 miles

TommyT

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
484   0
Reaction score
Can anyone quote moving a 64 gun Cannon safe from Tractor Supply on Covington 3 miles up the road to a home? It will go in a basement with a level driveway with no steps, hills or obstacles other than a small doorway threshold. It's a gift for someone so no emergency to get it moved but would like to have it done within 2 weeks.

I rented a uhaul with a ramp for an hour and used a friend and an appliance dolly to pick one up from tractor supply. It wasn't as large as this one, but weighed about the same. It went better than I had planned actually and I didn't have to pay someone to do it. I guess I psyched myself out thinking it is a safe it must be hard to move.

I rented a uhaul with a ramp for an hour and used a friend and an appliance dolly to pick one up from tractor supply. It wasn't as large as this one, but weighed about the same. It went better than I had planned actually and I didn't have to pay someone to do it. I guess I psyched myself out thinking it is a safe it must be hard to move.

So what did you end up spending doing it that way?

So what did you end up spending doing it that way?
It was about $50 for truck and appliance dolly. Tractor supply is about 2 miles from my house and the uhaul center is on the way so I didn't have to fill up the tank afterwards and I didn't get killed on mileage. I also bought the beer afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom