• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need some advice from the 1903a3 gurus

daytonlawvol

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
57   1
Reaction score
When I load the magazine to capacity, none of the rounds would cycle....but if I held the gun upward at a 45 degree angle or so, they would feed perfectly. I inquired on some other message boards and this appears to be a very common issue for some. I took the magazine spring out and bent it a little bit to create more tension. Same thing happens now but the 3,4,5 rounds will cycle will actually feed without having to hold the rifle at an angle. I ordered a new spring and follower to see if that does the trick...I imagine it will. Anyone run into this issue or have any sage advice?

Yes, the magazine cut-off is in the ON position when fed this way.

When I load the magazine to capacity, none of the rounds would cycle....but if I held the gun upward at a 45 degree angle or so, they would feed perfectly. I inquired on some other message boards and this appears to be a very common issue for some. I took the magazine spring out and bent it a little bit to create more tension. Same thing happens now but the 3,4,5 rounds will cycle will actually feed without having to hold the rifle at an angle. I ordered a new spring and follower to see if that does the trick...I imagine it will. Anyone run into this issue or have any sage advice?

Yes, the magazine cut-off is in the ON position when fed this way.

I have not run into these issues, but due to the stamped metal magazine that the a3 has I would check the magazine body to see if there are any small dents or the walls are bent in.

Was that part reparked?

Back
Top Bottom