• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Some All-Terrain Tire Opinions

I have the Toyo Open Country ATIIs right now - they are pretty good, I liked the BFG KO2s just as well, maybe a little better. After extensive research, I'm getting the Nitto Ridge Grapplers next, take a look at those - they are a little more aggressive, but just as quiet as the other two per the reviews, which are very very good.

Toyo OC AT/Nitto Terra Grapplers are my favorite AT hands down.
BFG A/T's are great unless you drive on wet grass a lot.
Cooper AT3's are more road mannered than most AT's but you are about to be in the middle of the Cooper Spring Rebate event which will save you $50-70 on a set.

Let me know when you're ready and i'll shoot you prices.
what happens on wet grass?

I can say the best AT tire that I've ever seen in sand is the BFG KO2. I've taken a lot of AT tires into the Outer Banks sand - on 5 different pickups - all but the BFGs had some wheelspin, they are awesome in the sand, even at full pressure. However, they are definitely NOT a deep mud tire - got stuck in soupy mud one time - they do not clear mud well, but they aren't intended to be a mud tire. Recently a new class of tires have come out - the hybrids - they are a cross between an AT and a MT - these are the Toyo Open Country RT, the Nitto Ridge Grappler, and a few others. That is what I would recommend. They offer better looks, better off-roading, and still are civilized on the highway.

I can say the best AT tire that I've ever seen in sand is the BFG KO2. I've taken a lot of AT tires into the Outer Banks sand - on 5 different pickups - all but the BFGs had some wheelspin, they are awesome in the sand, even at full pressure. However, they are definitely NOT a deep mud tire - got stuck in soupy mud one time - they do not clear mud well, but they aren't intended to be a mud tire. Recently a new class of tires have come out - the hybrids - they are a cross between an AT and a MT - these are the Toyo Open Country RT, the Nitto Ridge Grappler, and a few others. That is what I would recommend. They offer better looks, better off-roading, and still are civilized on the highway.

I had the ST Maxx on my F150 last and i enjoy this new group. Would love to run the new RT also.

Back
Top Bottom