• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need some help finding the best place to buy a suit...

Men's Wearhouse. I was unaware of them making a suit for you, but they have tons of them in-stock that they'll alter pretty quickly. I also think at a certain money threshold, a suit is a suit. They all freaking look the same so your estimate of $1k is probably double what you'll end up spending (at least).

Now that you're a pillar of the community you'll need several of those customs suits. I'm sure they can make one for you out of latex for those "special" night out on the town occasions also. :)
I have a latex allergy. Or at least that's what i used to tell girls when I was young.

Men's Wearhouse. I was unaware of them making a suit for you, but they have tons of them in-stock that they'll alter pretty quickly. I also think at a certain money threshold, a suit is a suit. They all freaking look the same so your estimate of $1k is probably double what you'll end up spending (at least).
They most certainly do not all look the same. You can see a man in a ****ty suit with a poor cut from across the street.

They most certainly do not all look the same. You can see a man in a ****ty suit with a poor cut from across the street.
100% agreed. Looking squared away in a suit is not a given and requires quite a bit of specific tailoring. I had my shirts tailored also (at MW when I got my last suit) so when my jacket comes off I don't look like ****.

I said at a certain threshold. My point was to not overthink it.
Over thinking it is an understatement when you are literally making the call on every facet of the suit. I had no idea there were so many things that can/are done to suits. My guy at MW was awesome. Older guy that knew everything about current and classic suit design. He helped a ton when making the choices.

100% agreed. Looking squared away in a suit is not a given and requires quite a bit of specific tailoring. I had my shirts tailored also (at MW when I got my last suit) so when my jacket comes off I don't look like ****.

I'm with you on that.
Tailoring the shirt makes a huge difference and makes you so much more comfortable.
When you take the jacket off and the shirt is fitted to you, you feel like Bond, James Bond! :becky:

I'm with you on that.
Tailoring the shirt makes a huge difference and makes you so much more comfortable.
When you take the jacket off and the shirt is fitted to you, you feel like Bond, James Bond! :becky:
I think you hit the nail on the head biker_bill biker_bill . It's about the look BUT the comfort and confidence that comes with a well fitted suit and shirt is worth every penny.

This, Being a body builder I also have a hard time finding a suit that fits. Haha, my wife picks on me about my suits. If I buy off the rack I have to buy "Executive Portly" which is grown man "Husky".

fred_flintstone.jpg
Sorry Bro. had to. :)

Back
Top Bottom