• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need some help reloading

Parkerwww

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
13   0
Reaction score
Hey all. I’m ready to dip my toes into reloading. Mainly 6.5 CM and 308. I have all the brass, primers, powder and bullets. I was hoping to find somewhere local to the acworth Georgia area who would let me use their press and offer their guidance through my first time reloading. Willing to trade beer for time & knowledge!

If this is the wrong place to post this please let me know!

Thanks all for reading!

As a friendly thought, especially being new, I might avoid drinking those beers while reloading haha. Could you get away with it during certain steps...sure, drink a few while you deprime or tumble brass. When it comes to measuring powder and pressing bullets, i personally avoid it so i dont do something stupid/dangerous/expensive. It is a lot of fun though so welcome to the reloading world!

As a friendly thought, especially being new, I might avoid drinking those beers while reloading haha. Could you get away with it during certain steps...sure, drink a few while you deprime or tumble brass. When it comes to measuring powder and pressing bullets, i personally avoid it so i dont do something stupid/dangerous/expensive. It is a lot of fun though so welcome to the reloading world!
The beers are definitely not for during, and I don’t drink myself but definitely solid advice 👍🏻

what powder and weight bullets are you using for the .308, I've got a press semi-portable, already set for .308 and my powder drop is set for a certain powder/weight formula.

I don't have dies for 6.5 CM so can't help there.

Hey all. I’m ready to dip my toes into reloading. Mainly 6.5 CM and 308. I have all the brass, primers, powder and bullets. I was hoping to find somewhere local to the acworth Georgia area who would let me use their press and offer their guidance through my first time reloading. Willing to trade beer for time & knowledge!

If this is the wrong place to post this please let me know!

Thanks all for reading!
I’m in the 30157..Text me thru this site and we can set something up, I do not have dies for 6.5

Before anything, get an updated reloading manual (lyman, RCBS, etc) are good ones and learn the safety aspects and ramifications of deviating from published load data. Learn to take off and land before you try barrel rolls.

Back
Top Bottom