• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need some help with my 300BO build

What the hell is that? Dimple the damn barrel people. Also, screw ****ty clamp on gas blocks. That’s a solution in search of a problem.

Just throwing that out there to help the OP align their gas block. I wouldn’t install a non-dimpled barrel, but this seems like an interesting tool if someone ever has the need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just throwing that out there to help the OP align their gas block. I wouldn’t install a non-dimpled barrel, but this seems like an interesting tool if someone ever has the need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are many things wrong with this product.

• Gas block ports are typically twice as large as the gas port in the barrel, and thus using an index rod like this can allow the gas block to be installed canted → holes "line up" but now the gas tube is not properly centered in the receiver from having a canted gas block and this could lead to premature gas tube wear rubbing against the carrier gas key. Enough cant and the carrier will not go into battery, and if you drop the carrier on the canted tube, you risk damaging the end of the gas tube.
  • This does not indicate if a gas block has been machined with a provision for an endcap. Some are and some are not these days.
  • No mention of dimpling a barrel was shown in their tutorial, nor the use of correct knurled tipped set screws.
  • No mention of using Red 272 high temp loctitie on the fasteners were shown either
  • You are breaking plastic pieces off inside your barrel to use this one time use item. I would be willing to be not everyone gets them out and those remnants causing an obstruction with the port → malfunction from obstructed gas flow.
All in all, this is a very poor solution to an issue that does not exist by using proper installation methods.

Back
Top Bottom