• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need some ideas on designing a gun display in my gun room.

A34

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
16   0
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'd like to use some of the massive brain power on this board to help me design a gun display for my gun room. I want to display my rifles both vertically and horizontally. I also have some pistols I'd like to display. What's giving me trouble is the dimensions I have to work with and how to maximize it. Here's what I have:

Wall number 1 is 13' 5" long. From the floor up at the 50" mark is a 10" wide ledge. This ledge is where I intend to put the gun racks/displays on. From the ledge up to the ceiling is 68 1/2" high.

Wall number 1 connects to wall number 2 perpendicular as you expect, and wall number 2 is 14' 5" long. It also has the same 10" wide ledge. I've attached a pic below of a partial pic of wall number one to give you an idea of what it looks like now. There is some stuff stacked on the ledge in the pic.

I found a gun rack plan online that is 32" long and holds 10 rifles vertically. I have some muskets that are around 55-58" in length that I would like to display horizontally. So, I'm trying to figure out the best combination to get the most rifles in that space. I'm thinking maybe a book shelf on either end might take up the odd length left over. I need to calculate this for both walls. I realize I'll need a stool to reach the upper horizontally mounted rifles and that's ok. For the pistols, I thought I'd split them with a few rifles mounted at the top due to height and the pistols from there down to the bottom of the ledge. Also thought about mounting them below the ledge on the wall itself.

Anyway, I'd appreciate some ideas of how to mount these and what designs to us.

Thanks guys !

20170302_203053.jpg

let your imagine go wild. If you have a room with odd ceiling heights (think attic) then you can make or have made custom racks and tables for display purposes.

when displaying firearms security is a consideration, one way in/one way out or windows locations, a secure door to that room is important. if the world were perfect we could just hang a rifle anywhere in plain sight but sadly it aint

Hey Guys,

I'd like to use some of the massive brain power on this board to help me design a gun display for my gun room. I want to display my rifles both vertically and horizontally. I also have some pistols I'd like to display. What's giving me trouble is the dimensions I have to work with and how to maximize it. Here's what I have:

Wall number 1 is 13' 5" long. From the floor up at the 50" mark is a 10" wide ledge. This ledge is where I intend to put the gun racks/displays on. From the ledge up to the ceiling is 68 1/2" high.

Wall number 1 connects to wall number 2 perpendicular as you expect, and wall number 2 is 14' 5" long. It also has the same 10" wide ledge. I've attached a pic below of a partial pic of wall number one to give you an idea of what it looks like now. There is some stuff stacked on the ledge in the pic.

I found a gun rack plan online that is 32" long and holds 10 rifles vertically. I have some muskets that are around 55-58" in length that I would like to display horizontally. So, I'm trying to figure out the best combination to get the most rifles in that space. I'm thinking maybe a book shelf on either end might take up the odd length left over. I need to calculate this for both walls. I realize I'll need a stool to reach the upper horizontally mounted rifles and that's ok. For the pistols, I thought I'd split them with a few rifles mounted at the top due to height and the pistols from there down to the bottom of the ledge. Also thought about mounting them below the ledge on the wall itself.

Thanks guys !

View attachment 1473791
YOUR GUNS LOOK INVISABLE. GOOD JOB.

I would draw out the wall 2 scale. I would figure out the scale of the guns. I would arrange them in whatever artistic mood made me the happiest. I have always thought they look good on green felt or tanned deer hide

Hey Guys,

Thanks guys !

View attachment 1473791

Wasn’t there something on that wall?

Back
Top Bottom