• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NEED SOME INPUT FROM YOU BOLT ACTION BOYS

12.1s?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
It has a road course suspension and a factory 10 bolt rear. A car has to be set up for the 1/4 mile run quick times. A car can be very fast in the quarter mile and not be quick. I had tons of horsepower and once I could get rolling and apply all that power it would pull like a freight train. But you have to set the car up for a quarter mile track. The spring rates have to be reversed on a track car. In other words stiff springs in the back to plant the car and weak springs in the front so that the front will raise up and shift the weight to the back. You also have to have a very strong rear end and and slicks to be able to come off the line with the nitrous engaged and that's where you make up your quick times at. It's all off the line! People think just because a car is fast in the quarter mile it should be running quick that's just not how it works. If my car would have been set up for the track with the Moser 12 bolt or Ford 9 inch and 410 gears andQa1 shocks to adjust them properly front and rear I could have run High tens low 11s depending on the conditions. People just don't know that there is a way to set up a car on the track. Mine was not set up for a straight line acceleration and quick times in theb1/4 of the mile. I had stiff springs in front and lighter springs and back that's for a road course and hard cornering. You also have to have a two-step set up so that you can rev the car while the light is descending and when you stomp it it automatically engages the nitrous so you're coming off the line on nitrous. My car did not have those track features so I could not run really quick times. It just had a ton of horsepower and torque and I could get a fast trap speed out of it.
Now that this lesson has been taught what in the hell does this have to do with the bolt action rifle!

I was reading on sniper hide about the Ruger m77 Hawkeye rifles and a lot of guys were saying you could expect two inch to 3 inch groups at 100 yards. That's ridiculous! Who wants to fool with the bolt action rifle if it can't shoot sub moa. Not one of my AR-15s will shoot more than over 1 moa. I'm starting the second guess this bolt action rifle build. I don't want to fool with it if I got to start with that kind of trash!

Take a look at the Springfield Waypoint… it is a rifle that is cheaper complete than the components it is built from. I have tried building a few but the Waypoint takes the cake… the .308 is amazing… hoping some other calibers get announced at shot show
Not the price I was expecting

Screenshot_20230127-061028_Brave.jpg

For starters I've never had a Ruger rifle that could shoot better than me. You can get a lot of money tied up in a used rifle trying to get it to shoot... and some never will. Buy a rifle and put a good trigger in it, shoot it. If it shoots great keep it, if it doesn't send it down the road. Personally I can't see myself ever buying another used rifle without shooting it first.

Back
Top Bottom