• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

NEED SOME INPUT FROM YOU BOLT ACTION BOYS

I have a Ruger American Predator and a Bergara B14 HMR. Big difference in guns for not that much more money. Order from dahlonegaarmory.com and be done with it. Glass is where you will spend a lot of $$ also.

I have a Ruger American Predator and a Bergara B14 HMR. Big difference in guns for not that much more money. Order from dahlonegaarmory.com and be done with it. Glass is where you will spend a lot of $$ also.
That’s an important one, I see nice rifles all the time with $150 optics from a box store. About the $800 range is where optics get really good, can see out to a mile clear as day. I‘ll let a rifle set for years without optics so I can save for a nicer one. I just use an older Leupold VXII 6-18x40 AO as a test scope to see what the rifle likes ammo wise til I get a scope on it.

You could get a Bergara B14 Hunter or Ridge for about the same money and not need to do anything to it.
I'm with CTS on this. My buddy Purchased the B14 hunter about a year ago and I bought the HMR in a 6.5. The HMR comes in a little heavier at around 1200 new depending on where you buy. But I was shooting between 800-1000 yards with the HMR and my buddy was right beside me with the hunter. And hit a 24"x24" plate a few times.

I am revisiting this thread because I found a nice Browning A-bolt in 6.5 creedmoor. What do you guys think of this platform. I saw a nice Ruger American as well both were close enough in price not to squabble over. What ya think.

I am revisiting this thread because I found a nice Browning A-bolt in 6.5 creedmoor. What do you guys think of this platform. I saw a nice Ruger American as well both were close enough in price not to squabble over. What ya think.

Browning…meh

What model is it? I’m assuming a basic A Bolt if it’s similar in price.

Yeah it's a poly stock with a stainless barrels and action. It is used hence the price comparison. The Rugger American is new but has a camo stock and a bronze barrel and action. The Ruger is new where the Browning is pre-owned..

Back
Top Bottom