• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need some input gentlemen (ladies if any)

Treeclimbr

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
45   0
Reaction score
Give me your thoughts. I'm wanting a threaded, heavy barrel .308 but with a classic walnut stock. You know, with the knurling on the sides. Should I buy an older walnut stock rem 700 with a heavy barrel and have it cut and threaded to my preference or should I find a tactical already threaded and have it mounted in a wood stock? I'm wanting the classic look and feel that I grew up with, the accuracy of a modern rifle and the ability to put one of my cans on it. Basically, I'm wanting a sub moa rifle in a classic stock. Any input? Is it doable? How should I go about achieving said rifle? I always appreciate the quality of response from this forum. Every member that I've dealt with has been a solid gentleman, hence why I come a askin'... Let er rip tater chip...

I did something similar with a .300 win mag. Easily doable. Will need some gunsmithing work. Pillar and glass bedding is a must in a wood stock. You will also have to open up the barrel channel. Or you can custom order one off of stockys or Boyd’s.

B05AC912-0648-482C-93C8-AB0FD2241C32.jpeg

I have a CZ452 that I did that to. About 10yrs ago, I got a 22lr suppressor mostly for a Ruger MKiii. I decided I wanted to use the suppressor on a bolt gun. One of my favorite rifles of all time is the CZ452. Absolute tack driver. I got mine around 2004-05, and it is the varmint version. Walnut with a bull barrel. At the time, there was no such thing as a thread varmint model, but they did come out a few years later. I did my research and went with Accurate Ordnance in Winder GA. They did an amazing job. Looks absolutely factory and did perfectly OD matched thread protector. They reblued all the machining. I don't know how they did that, because blueing was a perfect match to the existing blueing. Literally as if it was from the factory. Total cost was like $100-150, something like that. I could not been happier with it. I highly recommend them if they are still in business.

It is the gun in the back. I need to get it out the safe to get some new pictures of it.

DSCN0122.JPG

DSCN0121.JPG

I cannot say enough good things about 9 run guns in screven, Georgia. Guy is a true professional. He’s working on two PRS guns for me at the moment. His prices are excellent too.

Also, cmshoot should be able to help you out or know some smiths. Pillar and glass bedding, chop and thread, and Cerakote should be right at ~$500.

Back
Top Bottom