Need someone to buff my son’s truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 39693

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
12   0
Reaction score
my son will be home for Christmas and we want to get his truck looking good for him
I have buffed many boats over the years but never a vehicle
Any suggestions? Don’t really want to do it myself but I can
What will I need to buy? Tips?
Or anyone know a good buffer around middle Georgia?
We’ve been working on it and ready for him to drive. Up pipes down pipes turbo rebuilt. Fly wheel starter. New clutch fixed all oil leaks and we’ll probably more that I can’t recall
2C2E7010-2EAE-46BA-8E60-2838B11AFCDC.jpeg
399077BC-D5D5-47BC-89DC-86880D4A5954.png

Thanks

99 F350 power stroke

my son will be home for Christmas and we want to get his truck looking good for him
I have buffed many boats over the years but never a vehicle
Any suggestions? Don’t really want to do it myself but I can
What will I need to buy? Tips?
Or anyone know a good buffer around middle Georgia?
We’ve been working on it and ready for him to drive. Up pipes down pipes turbo rebuilt. Fly wheel starter. New clutch fixed all oil leaks and we’ll probably more that I can’t recallView attachment 2317987 View attachment 2317989
Thanks

99 F350 power stroke
That is a Dying trade and I think they do more damage than they do good clearcoat is so thin on these vehicles one little piece of anything swirls it up, good luck

Depends what you mean by “buffed”. Are you looking to take out scratches and swirls, just swirls, and to what degree? Anything beyond swirl removal will take significantly more work on a vehicle that size. $500-750 is minimum for a 2-step cut and polish.

Anyhow, if the paint is in relatively good condition and you just want to make that truck glow, you can do it with a cleaner wax or finishing polish and a dual-action polisher. It’s still 6-8 hours of work if you want to do it right, but well worth it. There’s hundreds of products out there that will get the job done, but Maguire’s has always worked very well for me and widely available. Swirl X or Black wax will clean the paint as well as remove most swirls. You need a light polishing pad to go along with it.

If you rather leave it to a pro, Google “paint correction near me” and you can get an idea of what someone will charge you to polish the truck. The guy I used to go to is no longer in business.

And yes you can easily damage the paint if you use the wrong tool/product/pad combination. But if you’ve polished a boat, it’s not that much different in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom