• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need someone to look at my car

Kjalanoorl

Default rank <5 posts
New to The Trader!
0   0
Reaction score
Hey, I need someone who can come look at/repair my car depending on what's wrong with it and how much it'll cost to fix. I can't pay you a lot to look at it because I'm pretty broke, but I can pay you to repair it depending on if it's worth repairing.

I have a 99 Nissan Altitma, and it doesn't start. When you turn the key, nothing happens.

Located in Acworth.

Do all the lights come on in the dash cluster? Do the headlights work if you go turn them on right now?
-If not, you need a battery.

Do you hear a single click from the engine bay when you turn the key?
-If so, your starter is bad

Does the engine turn over but it wont fire up?
- Fuel pump or distributor

Do all the lights come on in the dash cluster? Do the headlights work if you go turn them on right now?
-If not, you need a battery.

Do you hear a single click from the engine bay when you turn the key?
-If so, your starter is bad

Does the engine turn over but it wont fire up?
- Fuel pump or distributor
The headlights worked when my room mate was looking at it a few days ago. We had to charge the battery because it had died since it sat for about a month maybe, but once that was charged all the lights worked as far as I know.

Is the engine bay under the hood? If so, yeah, that sounds about right. When he was turning the key, it would click but nothing else would happen. I don't think it even attempts to turn over.

Fuel:
Does it have gas.
Check to see if fuel pump running (listen at gas cap while a friend turns the key and you should hear whirring sound).

Electricity
Make sure you have spark at the plug wires
Check all your fuses
Put a fresh battery in it

My 94 Altitma was bad about coil crapping out. Ate 2 while I owned it and dealer said that was uncommon. Be driving and all of a sudden, nada. 2 bolts and a couple of plug wires to change it out. Like a lot of people has said, start with fuses, battery, and such. If you can get it jumped off, that will eliminate several causes.

Back
Top Bottom