• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need someone with a tracked machine to move a piece of equipment

Impact_Vector

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
3   0
Reaction score
job is in sandy springs. Right by 285 and ga400

I have a Bridgeport milling machine that I need moved to my basement. It is in 4 pieces and the heaviest is 700lbs.

Wheeled machines kill my lawn so ideally looking for someone with a dingo or small tracked machine.

Can be after hours or weekends. Let me know what you want to do the job

Thanks ODT

I tell all my customers that track machines still leave some type of marks on nice grass areas. After lots of rain it is much more intrusive.
If they don’t want any impact, no problem. We do it by hand but the price goes WAY up.

I’d bid the job for you if you weren’t by the perimeter. Dealing with traffic and the drive time is hard to justify when all my business is usually within 7 miles from me.

If you have a 1/2 ton full size truck you can typically rent a walk behind with the attachments and trailer for around $300-400. I would just caution you on hills. Moving weight on these smaller machines can be deadly if they tip. Not to mention the $ the rental co would charge for a tipped machine.....
Just be careful on the hills.

Thanks guys.
I have a 3/4 Ton truck but when I did the rental math it just seem to be a great deal.

Machine rental $200-300 a day
Trailer rental $140

The ground protection plates are a great idea. I guess I could give up some grass to save some money. The hill isn't major (4 ft drop over 20 ft)

What I was hoping for was someone who has a machine hooked up behind their truck and would not mind working an extra hour or so for $200 or so.

Plan B is to rent a pt30 from home depot with the trailer and try getting it done in 4 hours.

Back
Top Bottom