• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need something soldered back on laptop board.

I have a fair bit of experience at soldering things back onto circuit boards. Just need to see what I'm working with
Thanks

Been either too busy or too sick to take the back panel off and snap a pic ,
Will try to get a pic uploaded tomorrow .

Not much room to work with
There six contacts in about 3/4 inch long plug .

93EECF84-DE2C-4D39-AFF2-00500BF1EE14.jpeg
625E35DA-AC53-4AC6-B71D-828A8F00AC33.jpeg

Really hard to tell what I'm looking at there. Do you need those wires coming off of the right side of that white plug soldered back onto the board? I can probably do that.

Sorry for the late reply btw

Really hard to tell what I'm looking at there. Do you need those wires coming off of the right side of that white plug soldered back onto the board? I can probably do that.

Sorry for the late reply btw
No
I need the thin white thing soldered back onto the board
The thin white thing broke off of the board right above it where is says “DCI II”
You can see the contacts on the board .

Sorry for the confusing pic
The plastic white thing and the wire are laying on top of the battery

Attachments

• DEACC279-8370-407F-8DE2-14854B72047A.jpeg
    DEACC279-8370-407F-8DE2-14854B72047A.jpeg
    243.8 KB · Views: 17
No
The thin white thing broke off of the board right above it where is says “DCI II”

Man that's going to be tough. The only way I would be able to try that is if you can bring me the board completely removed from whatever holds it. I would need to be able to get to the back side of it and try to use some wick to pull the solder out of the holes. Then if there are still enough of the contacts coming out of that wire I might be able to solder it from the back side. But there's also a good chance that I would break it or ruin it while trying.

If you want to risk it and can bring it by the shop In Kennesaw tomorrow PM me.

No

Fixing that type of connector properly takes a proper rework station and proper temp iron. That's usually a cheap board swap depending on the exact model of laptop. On some it's a full mainboard, on others it might be a separate $10 to $25 part. If it's a business line Inspiron, it may be a cheap part. A consumer model might not be as cheap and take a bit more to swap out. Without the exact model of laptop, I'd just be guessing.

Back
Top Bottom