• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need Suppressor Advice

More than welcomed to come up and shoot mine to see what you like. .22 is giggle quiets if using subs out of rifle, and most any ammo outside stinger/velocitors and the likes out of a pistol under 4.5/5 inches or so.

If wanting to shoot 9 and 45, go with a 45 can. Theoretically, a dedicated 9 can is quieter by a few decibles versus a 45 on a 9, but, you get more volume out of a 45 can and thus a lower tone. For most, 45 cans sound slightly quieter than 9 cans to a human's ear.

Could always look into the SCO Hybrids, Griffin Optimus, Gemtech One an a couple more. Suppress everything from 17/22 up to 300 wm. You have some trade offs over going dedicated, but lots of folks like the "one and done" mentality.

It’s not so much on how loud it is but the tone . Different silencers let out different tones . Dead air silencers have a fantastic time. Me personally I am still happy with the old octane 9mm . I run it in full auto , on my pistols and it never lets me down and sounds good . Plus it’s reasonably priced , user serviceable and parts are easy to find

Back
Top Bottom