• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need TRUSTWORTHY gunsmith - 30180

-louie

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
2   0
Reaction score
Hey,

I have a century arms c308 sporter that has two issues.

The charging handle needs Hercules power to operate.

The most is 11 rounds in a row from relatively new magazines. It isn't working right.

Have tried 5 different types of ammo. Steel case and brass case. The bolt carrier won't go all the way forward into battery. It's been fully cleaned and bolt gap checked in spec multiple times. Ran dry and ran wet...Neither way seems to make much of a difference. I have run out of ideas. Scott at Ott Gun Works won't touch it....I need help.

Thank you.

Louie

P.S - if someone can fix it and has another .308 battle rifle they want to trade and you fix it at your leisure we can do that. I have about 20 mags for it. We can work something out. - just saying on that for solutions sake.

LAST ONE I WORKED ON WHERE THE RECIEVER AND CHARGING HANDLE TUBE WERE WELDED WAS WHERE PROBLEM WAS TOOK LOT OF POLISHING AND SAND PAPER ALSO BOLT NEEDED SAME ! IF YOU WILL PULL STOCK OFF AND PULL BOLT AND CHARGING HANDLE OUT IM SURE THATS WHAT YOU WILL FIND .

QC at century is nearly nonexistant. They cut a lot of corners with their roller builds, even grinding bolts to gain clearance. Then there was the actual welding of the cocking tube. As well as you likely have gap issues between the cocking handle extension and the bolt carrier. There's a reason many gunsmiths turn away HK work. Every one I've worked on hasn't been "pleasant" to say the least.

Edit: I'll look at it. But if goes to receiver cutting/rewelding/refinishing, I'll bow out. I'm not setup for refinishing.

Thank you gentleman for the friendly replies. I did contact Mr Perkins - thru text messaging - and intend to have him fix it. Hope he gets it running.

Thanks again.

I meant to do this sooner.

Come to find out - the rifle was sailing left - and Mr. Perkins told me flatly it couldn't be fixed. That i would be better to send it back.

So i contacted Century Arms thru email.

The Gentleman who helped me simply told me to send it to him and he would repair it or replace it. No questions asked.

About 2 weeks later I received a brand new C308 thru the USPS or UPS maybe right to my house.

So. I have to hand it to them. They just made it right.

The new one shoots like a champ. My profile picture is at 100 yards with .308 HPR ammo....i couldn't be more happy with the new gun.

Back
Top Bottom