• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Needing dome help. 300win or 300prc?

Also took the liberty to check into ammo available for the 300 PRC. And I just clicked the first site that was up was midway and they had six or seven different offerings and all of them were out of stock except the match ammo that was 65 bucks a box. I'm sure there's other places out there that have ammo but it doesn't look good from my initial search.
SG has cases of PRC in stock for much more agreeable prices, as does Academy.

You won’t find the same for WM.

Some people don't know what the he'll their talking about.
Midway has TWO choices of 300 PRC ammo in stock. $62.99 a box. Midway also has 14 choices of 300 win mag in stock. For as low as $40.99 a box. Don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

No elk expert but I've killed a couple of bull elk, one DRT the other made it 40 yards. 100gr Nosler Partitions out of a .243win. My Guide told me to bring whatever gun that I felt the most comfortable shooting.

Midway has TWO choices of 300 PRC ammo in stock. $62.99 a box. Midway also has 14 choices of 300 win mag in stock. For as low as $40.99 a box. Don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

You’re right,
Apples to apples it isn’t even close.

Look for the 200 grain & over WM and see how many are available-

Then go to the local retailers like Academy & compare.

The more cost effective is the PRC, & there’s more of that being made right now by the ammunition manufacturers than the WM, by a large margin.

If someone wants to shoot a 150-180 ammo they should look at a 30-06.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Match or ELD-X bullets are not ideal elk bullets. And it would be a crap shoot for a 10 twist factory rifle in 300win to shoot anything over 200gr as well as a 180gr. We are talking elk hunting, not target shooting. My choice for one of the best factory elk cartridges.
chrome_screenshot_1675374639141.png

Back
Top Bottom