• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Needing some reloading help guys

blgreggjr

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
34   2
Reaction score
:help:I have alot of extruded imr 5010 and wondering if this is usable in .223 or 35 whelen. I want to start low and try it but im a little scared seeing as how I cant find any load data anywhere. :help::help:

If you can't find data and you are not a VERY experienced loader, don't use it. Remember, to little powder is just as dangerous as to much. If there is to much air volume in the case you can get a detonation (all of the powder ignites at the same time) rather than a controlled burn. This can cause VERY high pressures and is VERY dangerous.

from what i just found out, that powder is for 50 bmg. need to make sure you know what you're doing before you get hurt.

IMR 5010 is military surplus and much of it has been salvaged from previously loaded ammo. If that is the case, us it with great caution. There have been all kinds of problems with it deteriorating over time and causing spontaneous fires. Personally, if it is not in the original packaging from the manufacturer I would get rid of it.

thanks ngcsugrad I use alot of powders for alot of different things and didnt know if I could use this, I might just trade it off

Back
Top Bottom