• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Negative feedback

glocksinmysocks

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
60   0
Reaction score
I was just noticing on another member's feedback that they had received 3 negative feedback scores but then had gone and posted negative feedback in what appears to be retaliation against the other member... and this isn't the first time I've seen this tit for tat type of behavior. I just wish there was something that could be done about this. I received a negative feedback at one time because I agreed to meet with someone but then they changed the terms of agreement so I declined to leave for the meeting. I didn't leave any feedback at all as this does tend to happen somewhat regularly, and I probably should start. When I noticed the negative score I contacted one of the mods and a few days later it was gone. I know moderators can't involve themselves with all of the interactions because it would probably become a full time job babysitting, but it does bother me that someone can both waste a member's time and then when they get called on it, turn around and defame another's standing here on ODT. Side note: I hope this isn't a repeat post!

Damn! I feel like I've been lucky in there's deals I've done. I have yet to run into any flakes or A holes. I guess all the guys I've dealt with were responsible adults. Guys I worked with in the car bidness years ago used to say " Come on...be 21." And it took me a while to figure out what that meant. In short it means be a grown up.

I was just noticing on another member's feedback that they had received 3 negative feedback scores but then had gone and posted negative feedback in what appears to be retaliation against the other member... and this isn't the first time I've seen this tit for tat type of behavior. I just wish there was something that could be done about this. I received a negative feedback at one time because I agreed to meet with someone but then they changed the terms of agreement so I declined to leave for the meeting. I didn't leave any feedback at all as this does tend to happen somewhat regularly, and I probably should start. When I noticed the negative score I contacted one of the mods and a few days later it was gone. I know moderators can't involve themselves with all of the interactions because it would probably become a full time job babysitting, but it does bother me that someone can both waste a member's time and then when they get called on it, turn around and defame another's standing here on ODT. Side note: I hope this isn't a repeat post!

We don't allow retaliatory feedback, but we can't read every single feedback that gets left, so it does have to be brought to our attention. Just as in your case, if the feedback is reported we'll review it and deal with it accordingly.

Please note though that we don't review feedback that's over 90 days old.

We don't allow retaliatory feedback, but we can't read every single feedback that gets left, so it does have to be brought to our attention. Just as in your case, if the feedback is reported we'll review it and deal with it accordingly.

Please note though that we don't review feedback that's over 90 days old.
Great info. Thx for responding.

I had this happen as well, met a guy in acworth about a glock 23 with gills. Gun was suppose to have came with ammo. I got there and he was like no ammo that was if you bought 2 guns. I said you sir never said that. So pretty much I left him neutral feedback because thats how I felt about it. This guy then leaves me negative feedback saying when you agree to something you do it. I had asked if the guy would have dropped a couple dollars off the gun like $20. He was acting like I said take $100 off. He then proceeded to harass me via text and act like a little girl about it. So I sent the mod(s) a message and they deleted both the feedback. I thought this was crazy seeing as how it needed to be known about this members actions.

Back
Top Bottom