• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Negative feedback

You know, I am beginning to agree. At one time I thought that all members should have the same value on their word that I was taught to have growing up. That is just not the case.

I had a guy in Savannah who said he was not in need of the money he was asking for the LCP he had posted. He said he would be in Atlanta (place) on June 18 (date) and I told him I would take it. His words to me were "sounds good", so I thought we had a deal.

The next day I saw he had marked the LCP gone, I PM'ed him to say that I hoped he had marked it gone as it was sold to me, no reply. Later on I PM'ed again to ask if we were still on, no reply. I was looking at his profile (very new member) and saw that he had a positive from a member who bought an LCP from this member. I PM'ed one more time, no reply.

At that point I left negative feedback for this member, end of story right, NOPE. He then leaves negative feedback on me saying that I was hours away ( he was the one that said he would be in Atlanta on June , that I was aggressive and that he had put me on ignore. At that point I reached out to the site mods and explained. They removed the neg from me but they also removed the well deserved neg I left on the member saying that it was a misunderstanding on my part.

Well, to your VERY GOOD POINT, I put way to much value on a persons word and commitment. I also ask the mods, what is the value of the feedback system if you are going to remove negative feedback?

So going forward if I give you my word it is still good. If I say I will buy it, I will, HOWEVER, if you sell it from under me I will not be surprised or upset. If you tell me you want it, it will be yours as soon as your green dead presidents are in my hand. My dad taught me that a man was only as good as his word and I have passed that along to both my boys but I am fully aware that this is no longer the American way.

Mods, you need to teach your members (children) that they should also be as good as their word and stop removing negative feedback when it is warranted and deserved. I would say that is the democrat way but I wouldn't want to offend anyone.

I enjoy this site and appreciate everything the mods do to keep it running as without you there would be no site but as the member I quoted said, I take this stuff way to seriously and you should as well, but that is just my opinion.

Thank you again,
Buttplate
encore , encore!!!

You know, I am beginning to agree. At one time I thought that all members should have the same value on their word that I was taught to have growing up. That is just not the case.

I had a guy in Savannah who said he was not in need of the money he was asking for the LCP he had posted. He said he would be in Atlanta (place) on June 18 (date) and I told him I would take it. His words to me were "sounds good", so I thought we had a deal.

The next day I saw he had marked the LCP gone, I PM'ed him to say that I hoped he had marked it gone as it was sold to me, no reply. Later on I PM'ed again to ask if we were still on, no reply. I was looking at his profile (very new member) and saw that he had a positive from a member who bought an LCP from this member. I PM'ed one more time, no reply.

At that point I left negative feedback for this member, end of story right, NOPE. He then leaves negative feedback on me saying that I was hours away ( he was the one that said he would be in Atlanta on June , that I was aggressive and that he had put me on ignore. At that point I reached out to the site mods and explained. They removed the neg from me but they also removed the well deserved neg I left on the member saying that it was a misunderstanding on my part.

Well, to your VERY GOOD POINT, I put way to much value on a persons word and commitment. I also ask the mods, what is the value of the feedback system if you are going to remove negative feedback?

So going forward if I give you my word it is still good. If I say I will buy it, I will, HOWEVER, if you sell it from under me I will not be surprised or upset. If you tell me you want it, it will be yours as soon as your green dead presidents are in my hand. My dad taught me that a man was only as good as his word and I have passed that along to both my boys but I am fully aware that this is no longer the American way.

Mods, you need to teach your members (children) that they should also be as good as their word and stop removing negative feedback when it is warranted and deserved. I would say that is the democrat way but I wouldn't want to offend anyone.

I enjoy this site and appreciate everything the mods do to keep it running as without you there would be no site but as the member I quoted said, I take this stuff way to seriously and you should as well, but that is just my opinion.

Thank you again,
Buttplate
We have few requirements, that is intentional. If we tried to judge all variables then we would soon have to judge peoples intentions, and meanings and not just words.
There has to be a FIRM committed deal that includes both date and time of meet. That way we know that both parties intended this to happen. Until there is a firm date and time in the PM stream, the deal is still in negotiations.
Are ther some that take advantage of this? Yes and I think it's ****ty. As with all rules there will be some that push the boundaries and use the rules to their own betterment. But I wouldn't want the me or anyone else trying to determine someone intent over a "sounds good" Or something else similarity vague.

The one exception is for mailed items.

im not gonna go read all these posts etc i hear both sides. mods have a hard time doing their job perfectly to make everybody happy and the ODT site go round, on the other hand good people that have acquired negatives or had both parties acquire negatives then have both removed isn't fair either. i kind of take it all with a grain of salt now. read the positive comments and try to determine from that and communication with a person whether i want to deal with them. Some people say its all too serious some say it needs to be serious. I just hope it stays neutral for all sides as it seems to have been, other than the rare misunderstanding or lack of rule knowledge perhaps/newbie stuff. I still wish Ken and I had not had some stupid issues over a pelican case, i see guys with 500 positives and 1 negative its just a thorn in the side. not sure about whether it shouldn't be there tho always still. better to have a story about someone and an idea than non in some situations i suppose.

I like the clear rules. I am not a s....bag so I will keep my word but realize that any deal is a bidding match until both parties agree on a specific place and time. I have had good luck for years on this site but recently have had three people who do not want to live up to their word.

I guess luck runs in hot and cold patterns

Basically, I really don't care what the feedback score is. If I want something, then I'll go get it.

Now, if there's someone what wants to buy from me and expects me to do all the driving... yeah, I look.

By the way, those of us named Richard (and go by Dick) are offended by your use of the name and the sites censoring of it too ;-P (well, scratch the censoring part)

We have few requirements, that is intentional. If we tried to judge all variables then we would soon have to judge peoples intentions, and meanings and not just words.
There has to be a FIRM committed deal that includes both date and time of meet. That way we know that both parties intended this to happen. Until there is a firm date and time in the PM stream, the deal is still in negotiations.
Are ther some that take advantage of this? Yes and I think it's ****ty. As with all rules there will be some that push the boundaries and use the rules to their own betterment. But I wouldn't want the me or anyone else trying to determine someone intent over a "sounds good" Or something else similarity vague.

The one exception is for mailed items.

When one man of his word states the terms and a second man who is also a man of his word responds by saying "sounds good to me", there is nothing vague about it and others not being able to see that with clarity is the problem. For that reason as I said before, feedback and feedback ratings have zero value.

Thank you again to all mods as without you the site would not be what it is, BUT, see the shortcomings as they are as real as the great accomplishments. Some of us have accepted them for what they are and nothing we can correct.

Mods make it personal so dont believe all the crap they tell you.One guy gets a warning while the other guy gets a point.

And some of us old fats take it seriously as well. We were raised in a different time and, for the most part, with different values. When a man doesn't keep his word, to us he is a lying SOB who is not to be trusted in a deal having more value than a dog turd. Now to some others that lying SOB is simply misunderstood and should not be expected to keep his word if he decides to change his mind.

Let me close by saying I have paid more than I should have paid for a few items because I said I would take an item without checking it out as well as I should and I have sold a few below what I could have gotten for them because I priced it to someone to quickly. This is all part of being as good as your word. That is a concept that, unless you value it, you would not understand.

Thanks so much.

Let me close by saying I have paid more than I should have paid for a few items because I said I would take an item without checking it out as well as I should and I have sold a few below what I could have gotten for them because I priced it to someone to quickly. This is all part of being as good as your word. That is a concept that, unless you value it, you would not understand.

Thanks so much.

You and me both, sold some stuff the same way. Found out I took a loss before the meet. But once a deal is struck I stick to it no matter what.
I trade for what interests me at a deal I'm satisfied with, not looking to make a killing on any certain deal, as long as we both get what we want.

Back
Top Bottom