• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Negative feedback

Same here... Most of my items for sale sold in a matter of minutes, indicating that either I am very lucky, or I priced it too low. But a deal is a deal, and that's what I listed it for, so...

How about a seller who offers a trade, but takes 24 hours to respond to any private message, even though I usually respond to him within minutes, and when after 2 or 3 days of this you are about to give up on him, he tells you he is still interested, so you ask him to meet up tomorrow and he responds yes, meet up tomorrow but then goes dark again and never responds to a meeting place or time, or anything, and then you see that he has offered the same gun he tentatively agreed to trade to me, with 3 or 4 other people in different threads... And then you understand why he only has 2 feed backs on his profile and one of them is a negative for the same reason that I am experiencing with him? Haha

Maybe we just need a section to gripe about noobs and kids that just don't seem to get how this place works, rather than ding their profile with negatives... It only takes a couple negative for people to mentally black-list you...

Mayb find a middle ground where you can coach people rather than just trash their reputation as a buyer/seller?

How about sellers we've known from other groups that are bad, can we retroactively give them negative feedback? Or should I just keep them on the mental black-list?

Well, that's a tough call... You want to give people a fair shake, but at the same time, if the person is a bad seller, they shouldn't get to erase their earned bad feedback just because they changed their name... That sorta defeats the purpose of the feedback system in a way...

Really? BSB or GSB? haha

Yeah, I almost wish that there was a 3 strikes and you are out, and they ban you. This isn't CL where we are selling used tires or an old washing machine. We are trading in weapons. And while legal, it is getting a lot of scrutiny these days, and someone who is shady or just plain inconsiderate, is statistically going to be the person most likely to do something shady and bring negative attention to the forum...

We all know the type...

I don't want to ban anyone for negative feedback. From what I have seen it is pretty easy to start a new account once you are banned (there are plenty of ways of getting around the IP address issue). Let them keep their account with a clear record of bad deals rather than have them pop back up under a new name and fresh record.

Really? BSB or GSB? haha

Yeah, I almost wish that there was a 3 strikes and you are out, and they ban you. This isn't CL where we are selling used tires or an old washing machine. We are trading in weapons. And while legal, it is getting a lot of scrutiny these days, and someone who is shady or just plain inconsiderate, is statistically going to be the person most likely to do something shady and bring negative attention to the forum...

We all know the type...

You were/are a member of both. It is comical that I actually have to agree with you on inconsiderate people, especially those whom welch on deals.

Back
Top Bottom