• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Negative feedback

How long ago? I honestly don't remember the gun, the deal or the circumstances. Not saying it didn't happen, but if it was 7 or 8 years ago, I am not recalling the situation...

And you can post the details here, I won't take offense. I opened the door by discussing it, so as I see it, its fair game...

It's not like I can turn the clock back 8 years or whatever, but if it happened once, shame on me...

Do everything in PM's. All the way down to the last detail. If you're running 10 minutes late, call the other guy and let him know. Most guys do not want to neg someone. They just want to complete the deal and go about their day.

I have never left a neg.

Most newer guys don't read the rules and don't understand the system. I have had to explain it to more than one newbie. Sometimes I never hear back from them, which is good. If they continue to message me that is also good because it means they're probably serious. I met a guy last week who was very new to the ODT. He asked me several times to text him and I refused, explaining why. He understood and we ended up meeting a couple days later. He was a great guy and I would deal with him again anytime.

If you don't do everything right then don't be disappointed when you get stood up. When you do everything right and still get stood up, neg city.

This place is simple. Keep your word and expect others to do the same. Follow the rules completely and 99 times out of 100 it will be fine....And since I'm sitting here with 99+ feedbacks, maybe I'm due to have a run in with some jack ass. I hope not. Perhaps I should do a giveaway in exchange for my 100th feedback.

And you can post the details here, I won't take offense. I opened the door by discussing it, so as I see it, its fair game...

It's not like I can turn the clock back 8 years or whatever, but if it happened once, shame on me...

We had made an agreement on me purchasing an item, then when it came time arrange the meet, you stated you sold it to someone else.

I agree, it's the past, it's not as though I'm out any money. Just trust.

We had made an agreement on me purchasing an item, then when it came time arrange the meet, you stated you sold it to someone else.

Well, I will eat my crow here. I don't remember it, but I trust your word that it happened. I wish I could recall the circumstances... I don't know if we had a verbal and was waiting on the meet up and someone came in with cash and a meeting time and place in the interim... I don't know honestly, but I do apologize. And to my knowledge I have not done it since and certainly never here...

Can't change the past at this point, especially if it was the better part of a decade ago... But I can certainly take my lumps here in front of everyone reading this.

I've seen traders and here and elsewhere that made poor decisions, welched, or just plain screwed up a deal. Often this is just a lack of experience, the causes are irrelevant. I have also seen these same people develope into fine trusted traders.
When someone realizes the outrage there is two ways for them to go, get mad and stomp off, or learn what is expected and never make that kind of mistake again. Sorry fact is many never learn, but some do and it reflects in their history. A mistake or misunderstanding years ago should be tempered with the way they continued and not solely on the one mistake.

I've seen traders and here and elsewhere that made poor decisions, welched, or just plain screwed up a deal. Often this is just a lack of experience, the causes are irrelevant. I have also seen these same people develope into fine trusted traders.
When someone realizes the outrage there is two ways for them to go, get mad and stomp off, or learn what is expected and never make that kind of mistake again. Sorry fact is many never learn, but some do and it reflects in their history. A mistake or misunderstanding years ago should be tempered with the way they continued and not solely on the one mistake.

Makes sense. I won't make excuses... without knowing the item that was sold, I don't remember the circumstances... Knowing me at that time, I might have been having some financial situation and needed the cash ASAP and one person said they would take it but didn't have a firm time and date set and someone else close by said I have cash and can meet you at 2pm and I took it...

Doesn't make it right, but if I had to guess it was probably something along those lines...

I know that since I have been here, I have not had any negative feedback, at all. I have gotten good reviews from everyone I have dealt with, and even when someone did screw me on a deal and I left him negative feedback, he and I talked it out afterwards and I chalked it up to a learning experience on his part and I asked a Mod to delete the negative from his profile and they did. I have sold and traded guns that I realized that I listed too low, or a better trade offer came in afterwards, but once I agreed to something, I took my loss or the lesser trade and that's that... Hence why I haven't gotten anything negative towards me.

Back
Top Bottom