• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Negative Feedback

I am in that crew as well.....To me I agree with the idea of 1 maybe 2 negatives being drowned by dozens of positives is pretty reasonable. That said I just did a deal with someone with about 50/50 split of neg and pos and it went fine. I would disagree with a certain number of negatives getting you bumped from the ODT. Let people make educated choices. If you choose to deal with someone with 10 negatives and 1 positive then that's your free choice.
We need to create an ODT record expungement program. Time served, good behavior. If you can pull 25 pos feedback after your negative and do three giveaways you should get your neg cleaned up. Lol.

We need to create an ODT record expungement program. Time served, good behavior. If you can pull 25 pos feedback after your negative and do three giveaways you should get your neg cleaned up. Lol.
I like that! How about 1 negative feedback erased after: 1 year of good behavior and at least 10 positive feedbacks during that year.

Example - You get a neg on 1/1/2019.....From 1/2/219 to 1/2/20 you have no more negatives AND receive at least 10 positive feedbacks....On 1/3/20 you can appeal to have the prior neg removed?

No. That's changing history.
History is a set of facts that are not subject to revision because somebody's feelings might get hurt.
Let each party consider the entire historical record of the other party. If they choose to do business with somebody that had a recent negative, fine, that's up to them.
If they choose to only do business with people whose one negative was more than a year ago, fine, that's up to them.
But put the information out there so that the rest of us can use it to make our decisions .

I like that! How about 1 negative feedback erased after: 1 year of good behavior and at least 10 positive feedbacks during that year.

Example - You get a neg on 1/1/2019.....From 1/2/219 to 1/2/20 you have no more negatives AND receive at least 10 positive feedbacks....On 1/3/20 you can appeal to have the prior neg removed?
No. That's changing history.
History is a set of facts that are not subject to revision because somebody's feelings might get hurt.
Let each party consider the entire historical record of the other party. If they choose to do business with somebody that had a recent negative, fine, that's up to them.
If they choose to only do business with people whose one negative was more than a year ago, fine, that's up to them.
But put the information out there so that the rest of us can use it to make our decisions .
That is a very good counterpoint GALAW. On the flip side, I would definitely like to know who I'm dealing with. Even if it was a year prior.

but we get to brand a big N in the center of your forehead....just joshing, left butt cheek would be fine

748.gif

Back
Top Bottom