• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Negotiating with those who get their feelings hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love people who negotiate against themselves in their add, in angry manner, like in their mind they have a huge audience of people eagerly anticipating the opportunity to rip them off. And that's the last price reduction dammit, don't you dare offer less, thats it, it's going back in the safe. It's a phychotic version of the sound of one hand clapping causing trees to fall in the forest, but turned inward in a self destructive manner. I'm just trying to say it gets a bit crazy sometimes.

Sounds like you got yours hurt when he stopped.
i dont think he did. i think we have a bunch of idiots that cant make a deal. first, price your stuff fair, then add 10%, then deal down a minimum of 10%. this is not a retail site. i have negotiated with Kroger and Walmart. i do at pawn shops all the time. i think we should be able to neutral feedback people who dont respond.
but thats me, i like the deal and have ignored people who wont. not people who respond that their price is firm, but the ones who get butt hurt and rude about an offer...

I like those that says nasty words to you

I just laugh
well, i think the feedback system on the site shows a persons character. so a neutral would show them for the butt they are. you cant publicly or in pm call out someone or argue with them. site rules, you will get a "cooling off period or a ban". so if thats the case, why can you "butt up" over an offer?

I only put them on ignore if they fail to respond i a timely manner.

Ain't nobody got time for dat.
I've put a couple on Ignore for not returning a PM, after about 3 weeks, I just money back in the wallet and go on to the next "Deal of the Day" cause I guess they weren't serious about selling it in the first place.:becky:

I do get the feeling I'm thought a fool based on some of the offers I've received. 30% below asking price can be a bit demeaning. I guess I'm not a business man cause i can't bring myself to make an offer like that even if i know it's in line with the going rate for an item

I think we should be able to neutral feedback people who dont respond.
but thats me, i like the deal and have ignored people who wont. not people who respond that their price is firm, but the ones who get butt hurt and rude about an offer...

If you can give someone neutral feedback for not responding to your offer:

- if I'm not responding as a negotiation technique - can I give you neutral feedback for not responding to my non response?

- even better - if someone has an item listed and is getting no offers, can they give everyone who isn't offering a neutral feedback?

If you can give someone neutral feedback for not responding to your offer:

- if I'm not responding as a negotiation technique - can I give you neutral feedback for not responding to my non response?

- even better - if someone has an item listed and is getting no offers, can they give everyone who isn't offering a neutral feedback?
if i send you a pm, you should within 24 hrs respond with--- no thanks, sold,counter offer or ya man. #$##$$ you ##$$#hole lowballer or complete ignore is unacceptable. if you have an item for sale, you have started the negotiation process. if you want retail, open a store. if you chose to be a butt, then we should know it. if you cant deal with selling used items, then dont..
again, the neutral would give us all a heads up on the character of the seller..
or how about we add butt hurt and no communication to the feedback?
fix it so it can be removed by the original trader. that way when someone refuses to get back with you, we can all see it.

No reply is in fact negotiation. It's the most efficient way to say "not in the ballpark. Try again".
nope, you can lose a sale over it. imagine how long a used car lot would stay in business, if you made them an offer and they ran away? you would go on to the next one. no need to buy from a place that treats customers that way..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom