• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Negotiating with those who get their feelings hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope, you can lose a sale over it. imagine how long a used car lot would stay in business, if you made them an offer and they ran away? you would go on to the next one. no need to buy from a place that treats customers that way..
I've ignored many a lowballer, and I've never considered it a lost opportunity.

if i send you a pm, you should within 24 hrs respond with--- no thanks, sold,counter offer or ya man. #$##$$ you ##$$#hole lowballer or complete ignore is unacceptable. if you have an item for sale, you have started the negotiation process. if you want retail, open a store. if you chose to be a butt, then we should know it. if you cant deal with selling used items, then dont..
again, the neutral would give us all a heads up on the character of the seller..
or how about we add butt hurt and no communication to the feedback?
fix it so it can be removed by the original trader. that way when someone refuses to get back with you, we can all see it.
It sounds like we need a "god complex" feedback rating for folks who believe that ignoring their offer represents a character issue.

if i send you a pm, you should within 24 hrs respond with--- no thanks, sold,counter offer or ya man. #$##$$ you ##$$#hole lowballer or complete ignore is unacceptable. if you have an item for sale, you have started the negotiation process. if you want retail, open a store. if you chose to be a butt, then we should know it. if you cant deal with selling used items, then dont..
again, the neutral would give us all a heads up on the character of the seller..
or how about we add butt hurt and no communication to the feedback?
fix it so it can be removed by the original trader. that way when someone refuses to get back with you, we can all see it.
What if they are not answering you because you are on their ignore list?

What if they are not answering you because you are on their ignore list?
then the no communication feedback would work.
the OP point was dont be a snowflake, and quit whining when someone makes you an offer.
your used, like new in box(still used cause you are not the original seller) is only worth what someone will pay.
we could go on like this for hours on end, but what if this, because that. but in the end, dont be a special snowflake, answer pm's, if the offer is low just say so . its not a fight, its an offer...

Offer away. Lowballer looking for a "come up"? Hell if I care. I usually price my stuff to market or less, usually less because I am selling it to get rid of it. I don't want the item any longer so it's for sale. I'll respond with a "No but thanks for your interest." I don't need the money so I can be firm at 15% less than market price. It's not difficult to say noand how in hell nyone wraps up their self esteem or honor in an item price is beyond me. Life ain't that serious and we aren't a bunch of Gordon Gekos negoitiating to buy a mining company.

then the no communication feedback would work.
the OP point was dont be a snowflake, and quit whining when someone makes you an offer.
your used, like new in box(still used cause you are not the original seller) is only worth what someone will pay.
we could go on like this for hours on end, but what if this, because that. but in the end, dont be a special snowflake, answer pm's, if the offer is low just say so . its not a fight, its an offer...
Sir, I seriously mean this with all due respect, but your posts here are very snowflake like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom