• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Negotiating with those who get their feelings hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I never meant for things to take this turn. Sad thing is, my post had nothing to do with me making or receiving a lowball offer. I do apologize for causing this mess. Sorry team...
Its the ODT, all threads end this way.At least it hasnt been purged

that happens, and if i have an offer to someone, i always look at when they are online. you can block what you are viewing and such, but you can see posts.
Certainly. The premise is still entirely wrong. There are any number of reasons why you may not get a response. To conclude in every instance that it's 'butthurt' (the most over/misused expression on this site) is a mistake. Sometimes the answer is that your offer is ridiculous to the point of not deserving a response. If a lot of your offers are ignored, that's more likely to be the case.

I always respond promptly to serious offers. Here lately I have not responded to some pm's. Not because I'm butthurt but I just don't take the sender seriously. A couple examples would be people with multiple negatives or people who ask you questions that are clearly answered in the listing. Also people who ask "what all comes with it?". Not wasting my time. If you can't read and comprehend my listing why would I challenge you any further.

I always respond promptly to serious offers. Here lately I have not responded to some pm's. Not because I'm butthurt but I just don't take the sender seriously. A couple examples would be people with multiple negatives or people who ask you questions that are clearly answered in the listing. Also people who ask "what all comes with it?". Not wasting my time. If you can't read and comprehend my listing why would I challenge you any further.
For my current listing I have specified just a couple of trades that interest me. I've politely answered all but one offer, though none fit my narrow interest. The one I ignored was for auto parts and other completely non-related stuff. I feel neither butt hurt nor guilt.

For my current listing I have specified just a couple of trades that interest me. I've politely answered all but never offer, though none were fit my narrow interest. The one I ignored was for auto parts and other completely non-related stuff. I feel neither butt hurt nor guilt.
I agree mostly. I did kind of get a case of red ass when some joker offered me a jon boat and trailer for an expensive rifle. What am I? Troy Landry?

Why doesn't it?

The Ignore feature is like closing your eyes so the ignored member can't see you.

The ignored member can still see your post and comment on them, you just can't see their post.

The ignored member can send you PM and you can reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom