• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Negotiations skills (or lack thereof)

I may need to watch more TV. There appears to be a show I missed.

I'm dated in my T.V. show references. I last had cable in Feb 2012. There was a show on Discovery (I think) about 'traders' where really obnoxious neckbeards would take an item and try to trade it for another until they'd increased the value of the item in hand after multiple trades many times that of the first.

I'm dated in my T.V. show references. I last had cable in Feb 2012. There was a show on Discovery (I think) about 'traders' where really obnoxious neckbeards would take an item and try to trade it for another until they'd increased the value of the item in hand after multiple trades many times that of the first.
Hahaha! I remember that show. They'd start out with a nearly worthless item, do about a half dozen trades and end up with a Harley or a yacht or something. LMAO!

"Reality" TV at its best!

PSA:
Trading cash for the companionship of a woman is NOT legal in most states... :)
barter_kings.jpg

I respond with a higher price by $50 or if I really want to sell something, I cut half of what I'd take, but that's rare.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I was asked "what's the lowest you'll take" a while back. Turned out fine.
The trick is that the number means that the day, time, and location are all going to be at my convenience for the number to work. The more anything deviates from there, the more the price goes up (time is money). There's more negotiation that goes on than just price IMO.

I was asked "what's the lowest you'll take" a while back. Turned out fine.
The trick is that the number means that the day, time, and location are all going to be at my convenience for the number to work. The more anything deviates from there, the more the price goes up (time is money). There's more negotiation that goes on than just price IMO.

Exactly.

What I get out of this thread is if you have a gun listed at $600 and you'll take $550, you'll only take $550 if I offer it first. If I ask you what's your lowest price, you won't tell me $550 so you can sell your gun and we can do business. Makes sense to me.

Back
Top Bottom