• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Negotiations skills (or lack thereof)

"Fo hunnit!"
The "cash in hand" cracks me up.

It's like I was accepting wire transfers and damn SNAP benefits to begin with?
"You take EBT?" (I was shopping 'Wally World' yesterday, when they announced "The EBT purchase system is down." Sales plummeted 50%.)

I am convinced some people believe they lose the negotiation if they throw out the first number.

Hence, you will never get an offer from them. They want YOU to throw out the first number. Why? Because then you will be on the losing end of the negotiation.
Bingo. I just don't even respond to offers that want me to do all the negotiating....and in most cases against myself. Nope.

I guess I'm old school. I usually don't respond to messages where just a number is thrown at me; no words, nothing. At least be cordial enough to say "Hey, would you consider ___?", or "I would like to offer ____". Then again I've seen the illiteracy that runs rampant around here, so maybe I'm being too harsh.

Waite, whut? Illiterate folks's munny spend juss as good as educated folks's'.

"You take EBT?" (I was shopping 'Wally World' yesterday, when they announced "The EBT purchase system is down." Sales plummeted 50%.)

Only down 50%? Now you're just putting on airs. Live in a rich section of town, do you? EBT system goes down in a Macon store and everyone but security can go on home.

And don't forget the magical power of the word "today". As in you have a gun worth an honest $500 and somehow the offer of "I'll give you $250 TODAY" makes it all worth it and makes that $250 worth more. Honestly some of the fun of "sailing" and trading is all the crazy responses.

Back
Top Bottom