• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Never again- Dead Center Gun Range Buford- Please shoot below the line!?!

High shots on an indoor range can easily bust up the tracks that the targets travel on, as well as the lights (depending on how they are set up). Makes sense for a business to not want their building torn up.

The closer you put the target to the firing position, the worse a high angle shot will be, so shooting at 15ft exacerbated the problem.

If the business told you ahead of time what the policy is.....doom on you.

IMG_20170522_195649.jpg
This issue is further complicated by shorter folks, that increase the angle that the rounds travel upward towards the ceiling baffles.

So let me see if I understand your problem. You go to a range and they tell you AHEAD OF TIME that if you (or your friend) shoot above the line they will charge you $5.00. You shoot above the line and they charged you $5.00 and you get butt hurt.
Nope don't seem to have been "butt" or otherwise hurt. It's not hard for me to stay below the red line as I am a tall fellow. My friend should have also been able to stay below the line. That doesn't change my thought that the hangers seem high. I could even see it being a stretch for some to hang their targets. I did say that I don't go there often beacuse the staff seems somewhat bothered by customers in the shop. The scenario I mentioned has occured 3 separate occasions. I should in more detail explain that it seems to be some odd store policy. The employs seem to watch for people that need help and offer it readily. I tell them what I'm looking for and they show me what they have. Almost immediately they look back at what seems to be their "zone" almost like they will be in trouble if they leave it too long. They then proceed to ask you repeatedly if you're ready to check out. I actually feel some sympathy as they seem to be brow beaten. I smile say thanks and pay for what I got so they can go back to their "zone". The range officers in contrast are very polite and quite attentive. Many times however I just drive right by even though I might want to browse because I just don't get that warm happy feeling other gun shops give me. I must appologize if my tone seemed to be "butt hurt" to the point that it made others "butt hurt" at my seeming "butt hurtedness".
P.S. you forgot to point out that my phone mistakenly auto suggested they're instead of their target hangers.

Been there a few times but it's been 2-3 years, not a fan, when I went it seemed all the shelves were half empty every time and not restocked, looked to me like they were gonna go out of business, I prefer the Georgia gun club, a bit pricy on guns and ammo but I don't buy em there anyway and I shoot 2-3 times a week so the membership pays for its self. Everyone is very friendly and if they suck I complain and others do as well, and there butts are canned. Done it and seen it happen, membership has its privileges. That's cold hearted

Been there a few times but it's been 2-3 years, not a fan, when I went it seemed all the shelves were half empty every time and not restocked, looked to me like they were gonna go out of business, I prefer the Georgia gun club, a bit pricy on guns and ammo but I don't buy em there anyway and I shoot 2-3 times a week so the membership pays for its self. Everyone is very friendly and if they suck I complain and others do as well, and there butts are canned. Done it and seen it happen, membership has its privileges. That's cold hearted

They have improved their stock since then. They have alot of accessories, parts, and holsters. Prices are decent with most items even at or at least near "internet" pricing. The only exception being ammunition but that's on par with most other ranges. I do hope they can raise the rest of their game. Always good to have another option.

Back
Top Bottom