• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Never again- Dead Center Gun Range Buford- Please shoot below the line!?!

My whole point being is that I/kid/beginner, etc., are at a gun range for practice. With practice comes mistakes, i.e. out of place shots. We are being penalized for these bad shots. If they wanted perfect shooters, then please do not let me in the door, or show me where I can get my GPSL- Georiga Perfect Shooters License. Surely, some gun range designer at some point in the history of indoor range shooting, took into consideration bad shot placements and built the range structure accordingly?

To clarify, I was informed of the $5 fee for hitting the target holder, but not informed of how many shots for EVERY $5. I did not argue the $10 extra charge, because I made up my mind just then that this was the last time shooting there so there will be no more money spent with them.

To further clarify, it is not like I/we were shooting straight up into the ceiling. I should have taken a photo. Imagine you are shooting, or attempt to shoot at a target. If the target is the heart of an imaginary outline of a person, and you shoot 3 inches above the heart (above their imposed line), then that is a $5 fee, for up to X shots.

My whole point being is that I/kid/beginner, etc., are at a gun range for practice. With practice comes mistakes, i.e. out of place shots. We are being penalized for these bad shots. If they wanted perfect shooters, then please do not let me in the door, or show me where I can get my GPSL- Georiga Perfect Shooters License. Surely, some gun range designer at some point in the history of indoor range shooting, took into consideration bad shot placements and built the range structure accordingly?

To clarify, I was informed of the $5 fee for hitting the target holder, but not informed of how many shots for EVERY $5. I did not argue the $10 extra charge, because I made up my mind just then that this was the last time shooting there so there will be no more money spent with them.
I think at this point everyone can draw their own conclusion as to who or what the problem really is.

If you/kid/beginner can't control the muzzle, do you really need to be around the public when shooting? Go into any range. Pretty much any time you go, at least one track will be messed up. Holes are in the holder. Lights are shot out. Debris hanging from the room or flat out on the ground from being shot. Hell, look up above your head, more than likely there are bullet holes. That costs them extra money. Be smart and control your muzzle. It really isn't a difficult concept. Maybe you/kid/beginner can learn a lesson way more valuable than $10.

Why not start a kid with a BB gun? Worst case scenario, "you'll put your eye out" or maybe bust a light bulb.
Air soft is another learning tool.

I got my first BB gun at the ripe old age of 3. Not a Red Rider, but the low end one. I had to put the barrel on the ground and use both hands to "rooster" it.
I shot about 300 million BBs through that little bugger, but I could knock a bird out of the top of a 50' tree.

Do you give a kid a motorcycle before a tricycle or a bicycle?

I taught my kids to run wide open from crawling, they never learned to walk, that would be unnecessary.

Back
Top Bottom