• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Never again- Dead Center Gun Range Buford- Please shoot below the line!?!

This is an example of a similar plastic target setup that we experienced. Again, it is not like the wild west and everyone is shooting up into the ceiling.

View attachment 1182856
You stated that you are not very proficient with your firearm so why would you be trying to make head shots on that target knowing that the "penalty line" is just above it?

The head was there at 5 yards out, why not?

I admittedly need to practice shooting more before I go to a gun range to practice shooting.

I'd never own an indoor range just for posts like this.
A back stop doesn't start at the muzzle of a gun. Designers do take in consideration that all types of shooters will be shooting (doesn't remove the added cost of operation when they can't hit the target), kids should probably stand on a box (I've seen ranges provide these for the little guys) to keep bullets from hitting the baffles, cables or tracks), the expense in repairing the cables, tracks or hangers come in with the lane being down as much as the material.....not to mention the labor to fix everything. The cost for hitting where you shouldn't is as much of an "ouch that hurt my wallet" as much as a fix my property kind of thing. People just don't care about other's property any more, or at least they don't think of anything but themselves anymore.

Back
Top Bottom