• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Never Been Hunting

Hey everyone, I’m not sure if there is a thread started already which would answer some of my questions or provide me with information but I’ve never been hunting and would like to learn how to hunt. I’m not new to firearms and shoot regularly (yes I know guns aren’t the only things used for hunting). I have an interest in hunting but don’t know where to start. I’m familiar with the legal requirements as far as first taking a hunter’s safety course but not familiar with how to actually hunt. If anyone is willing to point me in the right direction or share some knowledge with me I’d greatly appreciate it. I know a lot of people learn this skill as it’s passed down from generations but I never had that opportunity so I am not sure where to begin. Thanks!
Do what I do. Find you a nice spot in the woods and take a seat and wait............... You will learn a lot just sitting out in nature listening to the loud ass squirrels and watching the birds. I don't know if I am just lucky or what but I always seem to find that the deer will find me. Deer must like the same stuff I do from babbling brooks to ridgelines and scenic areas overlooking water. They always seem to show up.

Back
Top Bottom