• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Never Hunted Anything before, Where To Start?

Started this journey a few years ago, you won’t regret it. It is addicting, I just got back from an elk hunt in Colorado If that tells you anything. As others have mentioned read read read and watch some of the shows. There is no substitute for time in the woods to test everything you read and think you know.

it's kinda like flying an airplane. You only need to know about 100 things. But you need to know all 100, RIGHT NOW!

I would suggest you either get someone to take you, or buy a guided hunt. After you have been once, seen what it takes. You'll have a better clue.

Things like masking your scent, wind conditions, silence, camouflage, shot placement, field dressing, and a dozen other things, any one of which can spoil a successful hunt

I saw that, (it was highly recommended at the end of hunter safety) just nothing for this year or anything. Apparently im late to the game for deer? maybe maybe not idk, but the latest hunt and learn they have had to be registered for 15 october. So fat rip for me on that one. next year though

I saw that, (it was highly recommended at the end of hunter safety) just nothing for this year or anything. Apparently im late to the game for deer? maybe maybe not idk, but the latest hunt and learn they have had to be registered for 15 october. So fat rip for me on that one. next year though
Sorry about that. I was looking at the dates of the classes/hunts and not the application deadline. Well, definitely do it next year regardless.
Hopefully someone in your neck of the woods steps up to get you out for small game this season.

Back
Top Bottom