• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Never Hunted Anything before, Where To Start?

while we are on the hunting topic..... anyone have any boot recommendations for really wide ass feet?

my rocky boots hurt like a mofo
Cant speak for hunting purposes in specific but for trekking through deep forest and thickets in land navs, rucking, etc, which I have plenty of experience in, I highly recommend Danner Tanicus boots. Thy have a Wide option available. they survived since 2013 going through all of the above and are still my go to today. same pair and they are on me this instant

while we are on the hunting topic..... anyone have any boot recommendations for really wide ass feet?

I have extra wide feet as well. Red wing makes wide sizes as does Bates. I have found in General Moccasin toe boots to be more comfortable and forgiving than round toe boots.

here is some good advice...... dont ever act like this when you drop one.

OMG....someone please slap him on the vagina .
Wonder who did his cute striped makeup....it was sooo perfect even an owl wouldn’t spot him until his buddy threw him out of the stand after saying “I don’t know if he went down....go look for yourself unless you’re too scared to go searching for the blood trail.”

OMG....someone please slap him on the vagina .
Wonder who did his cute striped makeup....it was sooo perfect even an owl wouldn’t spot him until his buddy threw him out of the stand after saying “I don’t know if he went down....go look for yourself unless you’re too scared to go searching for the blood trail.”
Lets be honest, he did his own pretty makeup

So it isnt so much I don't know to go to WMAs, it is more not knowing anything about how they really work.
Do I call first? do I just show up? Is there anyone there (at the WMAs) to talk to or do I just walk onto the land? Im guessing the answer to all of these questions is going to largely be "It depends".

At the end of the day it sucks to have to essentially take this very serious and i'd assume rather difficult task, and then tackle it as someone who hasn't done it or learned anything about it. Honestly not even sure what my end goal was in asking besides being bored at work and asking to pass the time.

It looks like you got good feedback on WMAs so I'll just add to check out Ft Gordon. I'm pretty sure they have the specific rules on their site.

Wide feet here.

For casual wear: New Balance. They run wide, and frequently have wide and extra wide available in many styles.

For boots: I've done pretty well with Walmart and Academy house brands. I forget what the brand names are; haven't bought any in a while, but in the past have found both available in wide widths.

In all honesty, unless it's inclement weather, I wear my New Balance brown colored walking shoe / sneaker. And blue jeans. And a regular shirt. Plus some orange. I went down the "hunting apparel" path for a while, and found it didn't make me any better a hunter. Experience and patience helped me more than RealTree stuff.

I watched george of the jungle once, does that count?
The Hunting Public Youtube channel is pretty good and you learn a lot. However, I fall in the “never got taught to hunt” club, too! I started out this year after buying some guns to hunt and went squirrel hunting all by myself with a backpack, ammo, camping chair and a .22 rifle and .410 single shot. No luck so far but it’s been fun going out in the woods and doing the manly thing. I also traded a rifle for a good bow so I wouldn’t be left out during bow season. It’s been addicting but fun.

Back
Top Bottom